London Fish & Chips

another vote for harry ramsdens. http://www.harryramsdens.co.uk/h_london-euston.html

whilst were on the subject of english food. you must have some pie. mash and liquor (a non-alcoholic clear sauce with parsley)

http://www.qype.co.uk/place/108279-Clarkes-Pie-and-Mash-Shop-London

Great link. I love the menu. I wrote to them, but I don't know if I will get an email back in time. I leave for London this Thursday.

Does anyone know how far this would be from the Holiday Inn Kennsington? Thank you so much.

169 Euston Road,

London

NW1 2AE

Head Office Telephone Number: 020 7543 3461

Head Office Fax Number: 020 7543 3470

It's across town. Remember that London is a big city and getting anywhere from almost everywhere will involve taking some form of transport. It's just a question of how; not how far.

Hi Natasha,

169 Euston Road is our head office and not a restaurant. Unfortunately we do not have a restaurant in the London area.

Kind Regards

Jonathan

Harry Ramsden’s

This is the letter I got this morning. So there is no place to eat in London I guess.

169 Euston Road is our head office and not a restaurant. Unfortunately we do not have a restaurant in the London area.
This is the letter I got this morning. So there is no place to eat in London I guess.
There is the outlet in the food court at the station, as blossomoloney's link points you to. When they say "no restaurant", they must mean "no sit-down restaurant" - which is correct, according to the website.
I still need a place, just like our thread starter.
There are one or two other places already mentioned in this thread which you could try.

There is the outlet in the food court at the station, as blossomoloney's link points you to. When they say "no restaurant", they must mean "no sit-down restaurant" - which is correct, according to the website.There are one or two other places already mentioned in this thread which you could try.

OK Thank you for your help.

Heads up - if you are looking to go to the SeaShell soon I would think again

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/8200623.stm

Too many devastating fires, recently. Time to sell insurance shares, perhaps. Does this always happen in a recession?
Let's hope it's a "profitable" disaster ;)
Funnily enough, today's FT had a piece on this:-

Insurers investigate spike in fire claims

By Michael Peel, Legal Correspondent

Published: August 31 2009 22:31 | Last updated: August 31 2009 22:31

The insurance industry is investigating a spike in property fire damage claims, amid fears that struggling businesses and homeowners are turning to arson to solve problems brought on by the financial crisis.

The Association of British Insurers said it was investigating a “suspicious” jump of more than a fifth in pay-outs demanded from its members over the past two years, including a sharp rise in £500,000-plus claims stemming from commercial building blazes.

The insurers’ focus on fire is part of a broader effort to prevent fraud connected to the credit crunch. The ABI said its probe was triggered by reports from its 400 corporate members of increasing fire damage pay-outs, particularly over large demands by companies.

Rest of article at the link.

Of course, this is not to say that the Sea Shell's fire was fraudulent in any way. But in today's climate, any event like this is liable to make people speculate.

I still need a place, just like our thread starter.

The idea of the homemade batter for the chips, and the wet fish dipped in batter sounded so good compared to the frozen stuff.

Anyone with any other help is greatly welcomed. Thanks!

There is one at the West Quay Mall in Southampton. We are going there for diinner Friday night before we board Grand Princess. We are staying at the HI in Southampton.

We will tell you how good it was at the meet and greet.

There is one at the West Quay Mall in Southampton. We are going there for diinner Friday night before we board Grand Princess. We are staying at the HI in Southampton.

We will tell you how good it was at the meet and greet.

Oh I'm jealous now. hehehehe Enjoy! Save me a bite. :)

• 2 weeks later...
Seafresh Fish Restaurant,

80-81 Wilton Rd, SW1V 1DL (020 7828 0747)

Victoria tube/rail.

Open Mon-Fri 12noon-3pm, 5-10.30pm; Sat 12noon 10.30pm.

Jane

x

Jane,

Thanks so much for this recommendation. We walked there our first night in London, and found we enjoyed their fish & chips and sticky toffee pudding, better than any other place we tried them.

dog:)

Jane,

Thanks so much for this recommendation. We walked there our first night in London, and found we enjoyed their fish & chips and sticky toffee pudding, better than any other place we tried them.

dog:)

That's great!

I'm having another British favourite tonight ... Indian take-away - yum yum!

Archived