Dress Blues in M.D.R.

I think you answered your own question by saying " I WANT TO".

My only concerns would be getting the uniform messy and being comfortable eating in it. Also, for the little time you would wear the uniform do you want to take it at all. Otherwise enjoy your trip as best you can.

Any Marines out there wear their Blues on the cruise? I want to wear mine for my F.O.S. cruise on the Wester Caribbean.

I am sure you are proud of the fact you are entitled to wear the uniform, so go ahead and wear it. We have seen many people wearing uniforms on ship, I salute you and thank you for your service.

A tuxedo is a formal dress that can be worn by anyone who wants to pay for it.

A Dress (Blues) Uniform is an HONOR, because you have earned the right to wear it.

I have seen these worn on several cruises and I find it an HONOR to be in the mere presence of these individuals.

Wear It Proudly!!!!!!

Absolutely! Will they let you bring the sabre? That would be awesome.:) I have no direct family connection with anyone in the military, but I, too, am humbled, and grateful for the service and sacrifice you render. Your presence in the Dress Blues will only add to the sophistication and elegance of the formal night. It would be an honor to dine with you.

First and foremost - Thank your for your service.

You want to wear them - as many have said - WEAR THEM. You earned the right to wear them. I know I would be proud to see you in them. When we had our formal night, I only saw one person is Dress (insert color here :D) It was a Navy Chief - Sorry, I was Air Force so I don't know which level of Chief - I would venture to say at minimum a Senior Chief - in Dress Whites. He wore them proud and stood tall, which I cant blame him for. If I was still active duty, I would have worn my Dress Blues.

But, there is nothing in any civilian attire or uniform (for any profession) that will make someone stand up and notice, let alone admire, the Marine Dress Blues.

Wear them Proud

Semper Fi.

To add another angle to this: dress blues are hot! I'm sure you'll look handsome in them and get some attention from the ladies. We love a man in uniform!

BTW, I'm happily married and had/have several family members in the military. They always look fantastic in dress uniform!

Go ahead and wear them proudly, thanks for your service. Enjoy your cruise!

A Dress (Blues) Uniform is an HONOR, because you have earned the right to wear it.

I have seen these worn on several cruises and I find it an HONOR to be in the mere presence of these individuals.

Wear It Proudly!!!!!!

We agree totally.......we too give you our heartfelt THANKS!!!

Any Marines out there wear their Blues on the cruise? I want to wear mine for my F.O.S. cruise on the Wester Caribbean.

Wear them Ordie,

Before I retired several years ago I always wore my AirForce mess dress to formal night. I can recall seeing one other person wearing theirs. I received many complimants and thank yous.

Have a great cruise and thanks for your service!

Didn't see it this time due to lots of Quincieras and families from Mexico and Miami for the celebrations. There were 21+ families celebrating.

I did see uniforms in the past cruises and loved to see them.

Please do wear them with pride and thanks for serving!

Wear It Proudly!!!!!!

I counldn't have said it better! It is always special when I see someone in uniform on formal night! We all thank you for your service.

You have more than earned this honor. Wear your dress blues as proudly as you would for any military service. It would be an honor for me to dine with you and my dh and I would buy you at least one drink!

I have a friend that is in the Army - he wore his dress blues to my nieces Bat Mitzvah - when he walked in - tall (6'4" normally, but that night I think he was 6'8"!) and proud - everyone in the room stood up and applauded him. You and all our servicemen deserve that!

Thank you for your service.

I wear Mess Dress Blues or Whites every cruise, and stay in formal all night. As for comfort, most military above E4 have their uniforms tailored to fit correctly, and they are very comfortable.

my son and DIL were active Air Force and Navy for many years, now both are Air Force Reserve....we would be proud to have you sit with us in your Marine dress uniform! We have seen many uniforms over the years in the dining room.

Have a great cruise.

Beverly

Archived