boudicca

francesam

There is a lady that posts on here going on that one, Bossmum ,I expect she will answer your thread shortly.

Isn,t it nice to have a ship going out of Liverpool ,the east coast has Harwich , Newcastle and Rosyth and Greenock for Scotland but here on the west coast we only have Liverpool and thats going to be part time .

Come on FO ,get another little ship and start sailings from south Wales and the west country.:D

• 4 weeks later...

Really angry about this, i booked before i went on the independance and when i came home i had a leaflet from another cruise agent and the holiday was £232 cheaper and there was £50 on board credit.I phoned the firm concerned and yes there were cabins available and on the same deck and grade as i'm on. I phoned my ta and they couldn't do anything about it. I emailed FO twice and got no reply so phoned them. They just didn't want to know. Said they never undercut a ta price.I said "It's a waste of time booking in advance and i will never do it again" She said booking early gets you the cabin you want,but i didn't have a choice of cabin, there was only SURPOSED to be 2 left. Apparently FO give these deals out to different TAs at different times.Taught me a lession, don't think i will be going with them again.Thought FO had an excellent reputation !!!!!:rolleyes:

I think the trouble is these consolidators buy up cabins and then only sell their cabins ,I always scout round because you will find one says one thing and another something different,probably Olsen cant under cut them ,in fact I don,t think any line would.

Don,t deal with that agent again because its them in the wrong not Olsen, demand your TA get you the cabin you want ,tell them other TAs have the cabin you want.

Last resort, tradeing standards ,just drop them a hint you will be complaining about their sharp practice.:)

I think the trouble is these consolidators buy up cabins and then only sell their cabins ,I always scout round because you will find one says one thing and another something different,probably Olsen cant under cut them ,in fact I don,t think any line would.

Don,t deal with that agent again because its them in the wrong not Olsen, demand your TA get you the cabin you want ,tell them other TAs have the cabin you want.

Last resort, tradeing standards ,just drop them a hint you will be complaining about their sharp practice.:)

Thanks for that,will certainly consider it

• 2 weeks later...
I.m really sorry things haven,t worked out as you would have liked.:)

Thanks for that Merecat. Got over my tantrum now and i won't let it spoil my cruise. I'll just be a bit more careful next time. I surpose it happens quite a lot anyway.

Really angry about this, i booked before i went on the independance and when i came home i had a leaflet from another cruise agent and the holiday was £232 cheaper and there was £50 on board credit.I phoned the firm concerned and yes there were cabins available and on the same deck and grade as i'm on. I phoned my ta and they couldn't do anything about it. I emailed FO twice and got no reply so phoned them. They just didn't want to know. Said they never undercut a ta price.I said "It's a waste of time booking in advance and i will never do it again" She said booking early gets you the cabin you want,but i didn't have a choice of cabin, there was only SURPOSED to be 2 left. Apparently FO give these deals out to different TAs at different times.Taught me a lession, don't think i will be going with them again.Thought FO had an excellent reputation !!!!!:rolleyes:

Hi i can feel for you as the same happend to us on our last cruise because of late deals. Cruise companies do the price drop toward coming cruise as they like to sail with a full ship. We payed the full price and are happy with the deal, maybe we are just to lazy to look elsewhere for good deals. WE book early to get the cabin we want Saying that we did a late booking for our Sept cruise and still got the cabin we wanted. I HAVENT TRIED other TA so i cannot really comment on the price.

Chrissy

Hi i can feel for you as the same happend to us on our last cruise because of late deals. Cruise companies do the price drop toward coming cruise as they like to sail with a full ship. We payed the full price and are happy with the deal, maybe we are just to lazy to look elsewhere for good deals. WE book early to get the cabin we want Saying that we did a late booking for our Sept cruise and still got the cabin we wanted. I HAVENT TRIED other TA so i cannot really comment on the price.

Chrissy

We didn't realy have a choice of cabins as my ta said there were ony 2 available,so had to choose between the 2. Other TAs seem to have more choice.Thought as we booked early would have had a good choice and a good price.:confused: O well done now. Had to have a little? moan. Back to my sunny (i wish ) self :D

We encountered this when we booked for the Black Watch Norway cruise we went on at the end of last month. 10 days after we booked direct through FO ( & had paid in full) we could have booked through Gills for a guaranteed cabin upgrade for the same price.

I contacted FOCL as it says in their terms & conditions that a booking may be transferred to a preferred TA within so many days of booking with FO. But I found out that this is only if a deposit has been paid, not in our case where we booked late & paid in full at booking.

This might be something that you can do, its worth persuing even if it comes to nothing you might feel better about it?

Have a look at the small print.

We didn't realy have a choice of cabins as my ta said there were ony 2 available,so had to choose between the 2. Other TAs seem to have more choice.Thought as we booked early would have had a good choice and a good price.:confused: O well done now. Had to have a little? moan. Back to my sunny (i wish ) self :D

Hi what cabin and deck did you get in the end, we are on d deck 4068 i think its atlantic deck outside cabin.

Chrissy.

Hi what cabin and deck did you get in the end, we are on d deck 4068 i think its atlantic deck outside cabin.

Chrissy.

We're in 4137.Outside. Tried to get an inside but they were all gone. Glad now as we will wake up to beautiful scenery in the mornings. Not far from you then

We're in 4137.Outside. Tried to get an inside but they were all gone. Glad now as we will wake up to beautiful scenery in the mornings. Not far from you then

Not far from us, think ours is near the salon. We wanted main deck but was full when we booked in June. OUTSIDE will be fine we wont be seeing the midnight sun which is a shame. No sun streaming through the window. love to see you when we are aboard.:D

Not far from us, think ours is near the salon. We wanted main deck but was full when we booked in June. OUTSIDE will be fine we wont be seeing the midnight sun which is a shame. No sun streaming through the window. love to see you when we are aboard.:D

Yes i'll look forward to that. It got booked up pretty quickly. Can't wait, really looking forward to it

Yes i'll look forward to that. It got booked up pretty quickly. Can't wait, really looking forward to it

Time will go really quick, it will be awesome, and i am looking forward to going to other places in Norway this time. be really cool if we get a glimme of the Northern lights.

Chrissy.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Chrissy ... still looking at this one as an alternative to a Baltic cruise on the Star princess .... though we would like to get up to Honningsvag and the North cape .... decisions Decisions lol ..... :D

Dave.

Hi Chrissy ... still looking at this one as an alternative to a Baltic cruise on the Star princess .... though we would like to get up to Honningsvag and the North cape .... decisions Decisions lol ..... :D

Dave.

You will have let me know what you decide, we are thinking of upgradeing to balcony as you say decisions, have you been North Cape before its awesome.

Archived