RCL----ice-skating ????

flaca

first time on a ship with ice skating rink some quick ???

i am assuming that it just as cold as rinks at home so i need the long pants and gloves for kids??

is it easy to fit in open skate on the days at sea assuming i can rip my daughter from kids club...her obsession on vacation

does adventure ocean attempt to take the kids skating while they are attending the program...perhaps a day in port

thanks for the responses..forgot about the ice skating till now

You do require long pants and socks for ice skating. No need for gloves!

No, the rink actually is not cold like a regular arena! During the ice shows, a light sweater is fine. My kids wore a t-shirt at the open skate. It really just feels like a good air conditioned room! The open skate times vary - sometimes in the morning, some afternoons, but yes, you will have to fit it in! From what I remember, AO does not take the kids ice skating - but I may be wrong on that!

If you can get to the ice skating early the first time it is open do that. It does get crowded especially the last sea day. We did it all the days it was available and it was fun. The ice show is really great, go see it. Have fun!!

LONG PANTS AND SOCKS REQUIRED!!!! :D

That's all. ;) Just wanted to make sure you remembered that. :D

The others are right - a t-shirt would be fine with the long pants. I did see a few wearing t-shirts. I threw a light jacket on my daughter.

Adventure Ocean does not take them ice skating. And I am sure it has to do with liability. You have to sign your life away when your child goes ice skating. So be prepared. :)

I went on the last sea day and didn't have a problem getting in. Maybe I was just lucky.

They provide the skates.

You might want to check to see if the ice show still uses a few children from the audience.

When we sailed on the Mariner in 2006, I had read here on CC about this, and was able to ask about it as we were entering the ice show early, and we were directed to special seats that would enable 4-5 kids to be part of the show.

At that time, the show was a circus theme, and their participation consisted of being lifted into the Zanboni by the skaters that was set up like a train, and they rode around the rink maybe twice and waved to the audience.

Lasted maybe 5 minutes, but to my then 3 year old DD, she was in 7th heaven.

good luck and have a great cruise.

Archived