Where is Fun Ship Freddy???

jerseygirl79

Clowns are creepy.

And I still avoid the circus.

This calls for a musical outburst

Baby cried the day the circus came to town

Cause she didn't want parades just passing by her

So she painted on a smile and took up with clown

And she danced without a net upon the wire.

A blogger on John Heald's site insists that Freddy be "banned" whenever her special needs teenager with autisim is aboard CCL ships. Her request is always honored. The demands of one guest can and do impede the cruise enjoyment for others as this example personifies.

Please get your facts STRAIGHT before you post something so ridiculous!!

Excuse me.... I have NEVER EVER even asked....much less "insisted" that Funship Freddie be BANNED.

That would not be fair for the other guests.

Twice (out of the 31 cruises our son has been on)....Funship Freddie was not "aboard"....

once because the dedicated member that is FF happen to be signing off the day we boarded and the ship was headed to drydock the next week...so CARNIVAL elected not to bring someone in for ONE CRUISE.

Another cruise, the person that was suppose to be Funship Freddie was not onboard (to my knowledge...the replacement missed the ship due to a missed air connection) ..... and there was no FF on that cruise.

What Carnival HAS done for us for these 31 cruises is simply give us Funship Freddie's schedule so that we can simply AVOID where FF is going to be. AND CDs have sent our son's picture and an email ship wide to let everyone know to be on the lookout to prevent accidental "meetings".

Funship Freddie is only out 20-30 minutes and he is not out every day.

This is how idiotic rumors get started. People who have no clue posting about things they know nothing about.

We encountered him and his accompanying photographer after the late dinner seating one night and got a picture (we ended up not buying it.)

The kids (10 and 14) weren't really impressed, and henceforth jokingly labeled him "Freaky Freddy." They kinda have a point - I mean, a big walking ship's funnel . . . ? C'mon! Not the most huggable character I've seen!

Excuse me.... I have NEVER EVER even asked....much less "insisted" that Funship Freddie be BANNED.

Twice (out of the 31 cruises our son has been on)....Funship Freddie was not "aboard"....

once because the dedicated member that is FF happen to be signing off the day we boarded and the ship was headed to drydock the next week...so CARNIVAL elected not to bring someone in for ONE CRUISE.

Another cruise, the person that was suppose to be Funship Freddie was not onboard (to my knowledge...the replacement missed the ship due to a missed air connection) ..... and there was no FF on that cruise.

What Carnival HAS done for us for these 31 cruises is simply give us Funship Freddie's schedule so that we can simply AVOID where FF is going to be. AND CDs have sent our son's picture and an email ship wide to let everyone know to be on the lookout to prevent accidental "meetings".

This is how idiotic rumors get started. People who have no clue posting about things they know nothing about.

YOU GO GIRL! :D Have seen your posts about Freddy and your youngster... always so positive... AMAZING how people mess things up!

I didn't know he had a face book page... Have to go and find him... :D

Jerseygirl, I haven't taken a picture with him yet... hopefully I can do it on my next cruise! :D

Personally, I think Fun Ship Freddy rocks!!!

:D

A blogger on John Heald's site insists that Freddy be "banned" whenever her special needs teenager with autisim is aboard CCL ships. Her request is always honored. The demands of one guest can and do impede the cruise enjoyment for others as this example personifies.

That is entirely false... end of discussion.

Linda is provided with a schedule of where Fun Ship Freddy will be and when so they can avoid him.

Freddy is NOT banned when they are on board and I'm positive that there's NO adverse effect on ANYONE'S cruise...

Please take the time to read John's blog a little more closely next time...

Thanks.

I don't know, but I wish he would go away.....along with the opening show on the first night - it get's really old, really fast.

How many times have you seen those FUN letters inflate for the opening show? Once is enough.

Then we get 'Let's Cruise Tonight" aka Let's Groove Tonight in remake for the best orchestra on the seven seas.

We love the people watching, so I am usually there.

Everybody Have Fun Tonight, Everybody Let's Cruise Tonight :)

You are the sort of person I have been looking for to talk to about our upcoming cruise. I have sent you an email!

Personally, I think Fun Ship Freddy rocks!!!

:D

I don't understand why I keep missing my chance with him....:( Mach, you have given me more motivation!!!!! That vid is tooooo cute!!! :D Isn't that on the beautiful Splendor!!! awweee....I miss her soooo much...

I don't understand why I keep missing my chance with him....:( Mach, you have given me more motivation!!!!! That vid is tooooo cute!!! :D Isn't that on the beautiful Splendor!!! awweee....I miss her soooo much...

Yep... sure was the Splendor! It's impossible to mistake that Lido Deck!!!

I got such a kick out of Freddy... he was with his handler and he saw the girl and guy dancing and he just had to join in!!!

Too much fun!!!

:)

Get 'em neighbor.

Linda and her family are great folks. I've cruised with them a couple times and both experiences were fantastic.

They don't deserve to have flatly wrong information spread about on Cruise Critic...

So I've seen pictures of people with Fun Ship Freddy, but I've NEVER seen him on the ship. I'm guessing he's in Camp Carnival at some point, but I'd really like to catch up with him when we sail in November. Where are people taking these pics with him?

We saw him in different areas. Once was a pool deck party and another was in the shows walking around.

Archived