Civitavecchia - help

vanrhyn

Hello:

I am in Civitavecchia on a turn around day (single traveller) between two 10 day cruises on the MS Noordam. I have about 4 days in the rome area before boarding.

I would like to know if there is anything to do worth while in Civitavecchia instead of travelling into rome to spend the day. I may decide to go to rome should there be something I missed and want to see based on the time I am there, otherwise I would like something to do for the day in the area of the port.

Any suggestions anyone?

Hello:

I am in Civitavecchia on a turn around day (single traveller) between two 10 day cruises on the MS Noordam. I have about 4 days in the rome area before boarding.

I would like to know if there is anything to do worth while in Civitavecchia instead of travelling into rome to spend the day. I may decide to go to rome should there be something I missed and want to see based on the time I am there, otherwise I would like something to do for the day in the area of the port.

Any suggestions anyone?

There has been so much written in the month on this board re this very question that if you read or search this board you will find a ton of info from day trips to doing laundry.:)

Not sure if this is something you can do but we're visiting these places on the way to the ship:

Etruscan Tarquinia and Tuscania....

In Tarquinia,which is a beautiful medieval town,you have the famous frescoed tombs. In Tuscania you have a very well preserved Medieval Borgo with some incredible churches.

I also am with FTL Cruisers on the tour. We were in Civitavecchia 2 years ago and did not want to go into Rome. We walked to the train station (10 minutes) and caught a local bus that made a BIG circle through the neighborhoods of the city and returned to the train station. Fun and interesting. Also, I believe you can catch a bus at the train station that goes to Tarquinia. Takes maybe 30 minutes. Look on the Trenitalia site for a connection and times to Tarquinia. Enjoy.

If you go to Tarquinia, make sure it is a day it is open--closes on museum closing day..

we are staying in CV for two days--you can find stuff from google or BING searches & searching this board--although not much-- I think you will find enough for an interesting day

Archived