Room Service Menu

eby

I thought that bottled water and soft drinks were already complimentary (or included...however one looks at it)....not true?

Not true. Never has been. Will be, starting approximately next April.

Oceania is a premium cruise line that offers outstanding service, outstanding food and great itineraries in smaller ships without crowds, at an affordable price. The affordable price occurs because it is not all inclusive. They are tiptoeing towards perks that attract bookings in thins economy. Regent charges a lot and can give a lot -- such as free excursions. Oceania charges less and therefore can give less, such as free sodas -- starting next summer season.

"Approximately"? Dare we hope? Maybe they will do a trial run in March.

Actually, I only said "approximately" because I was too lazy to look up the schedules of the various ships. The program starts with the Summer 2010 season for each ship. For Regatta, I know that is the April 4 sailing from Barcelona to Rome, because I will be on it. I will also be on it in March for the transAtlantic from Miami to Barcelona that ends the previous season, and there will be no free sodas on that cruise. I will go from 8 straight sea days (out of 14) in the middle of the Ocean where I can't refresh my shore-side supply to 10 days where it is all free.

For Insignia, it will be after the crossing from Rio, and for Nautica, it will be at the completion of its annual epic voyage from Hong Kong to Athens. I'm still too lazy to look up the specific dates...

Thanks to tak2, who forwarded me his image by email, we now have the Continental Breakfast menu, as well. This is the one I remember, because we were in an A2 cabin on Insignia on the last cruise before the new hot breakfast menu started for concierge cabins, the holiday cruise around Cape Horn that ended Jan 4, 2009. The new menus for concierge were supposed to start on Jan 1, but they didn't bother to tell us on board.

bfastmenu.jpg

I guess it is just me but unless I was deathly ill I would probably not order a meal in my cabin.

Aside from the constraints of the cabin size I just do not like the smell of food in my bedroom.

Lyn

Lyn, I am of your inclination as well. I really enjoy going to sit outside at the lovely tables at the Terrace Cafe every morning, and I also enjoy hot food which is hot.

Re soft drinks complimentary or not topic....does this mean if you want a glass of ice tea you pay for it? What about coffee and hot tea, milk and juices? Are refills included or do you pay each time? Does one pay for a bottle of water to take ashore?

Please don't suggest that Oceania might not be for me....I'm just trying to understand about food and beverages services on board. In the end, I may choose to sail with an all-inclusive line (not solely because I have to pay for a Diet Coke) but for now, I'm gathering info to make an informed decision.

there is no charge for those even Cappuccino & espresso are free

Does one pay for a bottle of water to take ashore?

at the present time YES starting after the Spring TA's in April they are included as well as soft drinks

you pay for alcoholic drinks/beer/wine

Icecream, milkshakes and the new fruit smoothies are also free

Lyn, I am of your inclination as well. I really enjoy going to sit outside at the lovely tables at the Terrace Cafe every morning, and I also enjoy hot food which is hot.

LOL Well, now if you had the Butler, he would remove each entree before it permeated the room. Couldn't resist. :)

there is no charge for those even Cappuccino & espresso are free

Does one pay for a bottle of water to take ashore?

at the present time YES starting after the Spring TA's in April they are included as well as soft drinks

you pay for alcoholic drinks/beer/wine

Icecream, milkshakes and the new fruit smoothies are also free

Oh dear, instead of paying for water I am going to have to make do with free milkshakes and smoothies. :eek: I will be sure to pack clothes in at least 2 sizes.

Oh dear, instead of paying for water I am going to have to make do with free milkshakes and smoothies. :eek: I will be sure to pack clothes in at least 2 sizes.

That is why I have to get new zip offs :D

don't forget the free afternoon tea

DSC02312.jpg.af30be33476e1d3d066d2c5818b3f8fc.jpg

DSC02311.jpg.dedb0f9572545e947af89a7fb63a616b.jpg

We've got deposits down on 69 days aboard Oceania vessels in 2010...and more than half of those days are before the TA's in April.

Wonder what the prevailing wisdom was to choose the "after the spring TA's"? Why not start with all voyages in 2010......more better!

We've got deposits down on 69 days aboard Oceania vessels in 2010...and more than half of those days are before the TA's in April.

Wonder what the prevailing wisdom was to choose the "after the spring TA's"? Why not start with all voyages in 2010......more better!

Looks like most of the ones before the 2010 TA got big OBC/pre paid gratuities & discounts from Oceania.

On the spring 2010 cruises no OBC only discount on cruise fare if you book by Aug 31st 2009 unless you have a TA giving extra OBC's

http://www.oceaniacruises.com/promotions.aspx

Lyn

LOL Well, now if you had the Butler, he would remove each entree before it permeated the room. Couldn't resist. :)

Ah, back to the Butler. :)

Well, I only met one onboard, when having cocktails at StanandJim's (in their very, very nice digs), and I thought that his outfit was pretty funny.

• 1 month later...
I'm drooling just looking at the ROOM SERVICE menu.

I'd be a slobbering mess if I looked at the Main Menu's.

I wonder what we get down in steerage ? We are booked in a Cat."G".

That means we have to take a turn rowing the boat. :)

You get the same food in GDR & Specialty restaurants

The difference will only be in the breakfast menus ..the PH & suites get a better menu

It is not CUNARD where they treat steerage different

Lyn

• 6 months later...
i'm drooling just looking at the room service menu.

I'd be a slobbering mess if i looked at the main menu's.

I wonder what we get down in steerage ? We are booked in a cat."g".

That means we have to take a turn rowing the boat. :)

but you'll see fish out your window!!

YoHoHo - interesting (and appropriate!) cruise name. Are we possibly related?

C. Yoho

Don't think so - more likely if it was MacYohoho :D

Just a screen name I chose. I was not familiar with the last name Yoho - I hope I did not step on any toes.

You may know this but there is a Yoho National Park in the Canadian Rockies that is a UNESCO Heritage site. It was named for an aboriginal word meaning "it is beautiful" or amazing or awsome.

Archived