Booked Early Saver - now changing

I booked an early saver cruise in Oct which we are going to be changing. I know I am going to pay the $50/pp fee to change it, but it is worth it to us to do so. My question is - can I change it to another farecode? Can I change my sailing and use a past guest rate for my new date just in case we need to change it again so I don't get penalized?

I booked an early saver cruise in Oct which we are going to be changing. I know I am going to pay the $50/pp fee to change it, but it is worth it to us to do so. My question is - can I change it to another farecode? Can I change my sailing and use a past guest rate for my new date just in case we need to change it again so I don't get penalized?

Early saver states that the deposit is non-refundable. I'm not sure, but I think you would lose your deposit if you changed sailings. This is the way I understood it when I booked with Early saver.

The way my PVP explained it to me is that you lose the $50, and they keep the rest of your deposit. You then can apply that money to any other Carnival cruise. If you paid more than the original deposit, you are supposed to get that part back. At least that was how I understood it. So if you were taking a 7 day, say goodbye to the $50, they hold onto the other $200 to apply to your next cruise.

Early saver states that the deposit is non-refundable. I'm not sure, but I think you would lose your deposit if you changed sailings. This is the way I understood it when I booked with Early saver.

That's true, it is non-refundable, but it is movable to another cruise within 12 months, all you will lose is the $50 fee to make the change.

And the rest of the deposit is not applied to the deposit of the new cruise, so you have to put up a whole new deposit. Iv heard they want to give it to you as OBC but some have gotten it applied to the balance, but not to the new deposit.

I have canceled an early saver fare and my deposit was then transferred to my new sailing as my deposit.

I do not know if you can book a new fare code. I some how ended up with a balcony guarantee since there were no more early savers for me...luckily that fare was the same price as what I paid for ES on the other cruise. I have been told that I should not have been put in a guarantee, but was supposed to pay for an assigned cabin. I was not eligible to recieve any special rates for "new bookings only" so if I wasn't put in the balcony guarantee, I would have had to pay "full price".

Is the rate code you are looking at for "new bookings only" or "bookings made between x and x" ? If so you may not be able to book after being in an early saver fare. I would call Carnival or your TA and see what they say. You never know what will happen. Good luck!! :)

I switched my Dream cruise from ES in February to an ES sailing in May. It was the same ship but I did go up to a 9A cabin from an 8G. It was basically a $50 penalty per person and the rest went to the deposit. I had to pay another $100 to make the full deposit for the new cruise.

The whole process was easy to do and pretty painless actually. i was off the phone in less the 5 minutes.

I switched my Dream cruise from ES in February to an ES sailing in May. It was the same ship but I did go up to a 9A cabin from an 8G. It was basically a $50 penalty per person and the rest went to the deposit. I had to pay another $100 to make the full deposit for the new cruise.

The whole process was easy to do and pretty painless actually. i was off the phone in less the 5 minutes.

I did the same except with different dates. I switched from Sept. to Feb. Had to pay 100 more to make the switch.

When you do make a change, as I have done, you remain under the ES classification on your new sailing. If not, you could change to a new sailing, pay the $50/pp fee, then later cancel before final payment and get a full refund of the remainder of your deposit. Your are still classified as an ES deposit and retain ES benefits on your new sailing so as to hold you to the non-refundable deposit clause that you originally agreed to when you booked an ES discount.

I have my TA checking it out for me but he hasn't gotten back to me yet. We are looking to change it to the following week, and ES isn't available on that sailing anymore so I'm hoping I can just switch it over and just pay the $200 change fee and be done with it. If not, I'll switch to a later sailing in the spring where it is still available.

When I booked the cruise I never in a million years figured we'd need to change it so I felt comfortable with the ES. This was a lesson that life happens and we need to be prepared!

This is an interesting thread.

I was told that how the ES was handled depended on the situation.

And that if Carnival was able to resell your cabin, then you would be allowed to switch to another cruise, but that if the ship was sailing with empty cabins, then you would probably be out the whole fare.

This is a question that I have not seen but I suspect that you can select another fare code. You need ot check with Carnival because as I understand the the deposit you have paid, is returned as an OBC so you will have to pay the new one in full.

What a great thread. While I do not plan to cancel the ES Carnival Cruise I have booked, it is nice to know how it has worked for others.

I was just thinking the same thing and how nice it was that people actually booked it knowing they'd have to pay to change their bookings and are NOT whining about it or looking for a way to get out of it. It's refreshing to see someone taking ownership of the choice they made to book it and the risk. :)

Archived