Can you bring any wine/liquor or water on board

oprahcla

Can you bring a bottle of wine etc on the ship. We are booked on NCL Oct. 30/09. I know on Carnival each person can bring a bottle of wine. Any info is appreciated.

Wine is OK ... best to bring it in your carry on and pay the corkage fee as part of check-in. They will put a sticker on each bottle and you are free to drink it anywhere on the ship.

No liquor allowed, although some choose to smuggle it.

You can bring bottled water or soda without a problem.

Has anyone ever brought a 1.5L bottle of wine onboard as opposed to the regular 750ml size? Do they double the corkage fee since it might be considered double the wine?

They do add onto the corkage fee for larger bottles:

Bottle is 750ml corkage = $15.00 USD

Liter Bottle is 1,000ml corkage = $20.00 USD

Magnum is 1,500ml corkage = $30.00 USD

I was on the Jade early this year and at one of the dinners sat next to two drunks from the west coast.

Anyway, they told me that they smuggled wine that they bought at the departure port (Barcelona) and put them in water bottles. At every port of call they bought more liquor and put them in their water bottles.

My friend tried it when we went to Malta and he managed to get the bottle through the x-ray system.

Has anyone ever brought a 1.5L bottle of wine onboard as opposed to the regular 750ml size? Do they double the corkage fee since it might be considered double the wine?

We brought 2 1.5L bottles on our Mex. Riviera cruise back in April and we were charged a total of $30. It ended up being a great deal.

Jim - We told them we were bringing bottles on before we put our carry-ons through the X-ray machines and they pulled us over to a little table where they wrote out a bill and assessed the charge.

Jim - We told them we were bringing bottles on before we put our carry-ons through the X-ray machines and they pulled us over to a little table where they wrote out a bill and assessed the charge.

I am assuming this is wine, yes? If you bring a liquor bottle onboard, I assume they take it until the end of the cruise, yes?

thanks!

I am assuming this is wine, yes? If you bring a liquor bottle onboard, I assume they take it until the end of the cruise, yes?

thanks!

Yes, you can only bring wine on board (legally). ;)

Can you bring a bottle of wine etc on the ship. We are booked on NCL Oct. 30/09. I know on Carnival each person can bring a bottle of wine. Any info is appreciated.

water, yes, wine yes but there is a $15 corkage fee even if you consume it in your cabin. You can bring as much as you want: liquor: no. And they do a very good job of policing the passengers.

Nita

depends on the mood of the police that day. We have never been charged double and I always bring a 1.5 liter, but others say they have.

by the way, for those who have ways of smuggling, it would be better if you keep them to yourselves. NCL as well as other lines do read these boards.

Nita

Archived