British Isles Collection

UlvaZell

Hi There,

Have done this type of cruise before please ask away what do you want to know.

Quick history Scots auld alliance is with France against the English, As The Irsh and the Scots are linked by culture etc,

This leaves England.to be friends with...?

yours Shogun

Hi There,

Have done this type of cruise before please ask away what do you want to know.

Quick history Scots auld alliance is with France against the English, As The Irsh and the Scots are linked by culture etc,

This leaves England.to be friends with...?

yours Shogun

This started out as a land trip of only Ireland. From the research I've done so far most of the sites I want to see in Ireland are on the west coast. I found this itinerary and while it does not see as much of Ireland wow there appear to be some great ports overall. I have noticed however that the ships excursions are pricey. I assume like most places there are plenty of local tour operators. At this point I'm on the fence and am looking for more information about this cruise to get me off the fence. Hopefully that isn't sufficiently vague...

Hi There,

You will find UK is not cheap.

In all the ports you will find taxis etc

But if you want to do your own tours you will have to do a bit of home work, but plenty of good info on the boards here.

Weather well plan for anything.

yours Shogun

I remember reading some good reviews in the past on this board, maybe you can do a search and find some. I know Casshew (used to post frequently) did a review, as well as others. This is another cruise I want to get around to one of these days, so I've read most of the reviews.

One of the highlights is always the Military Tattoo in Edinburgh. If possible, you should try to book your cruise when the Tattoo is going on (several weeks in August) and book the shore excursion as soon as possible, as the number of spots Princess has are limited.

I am considering the British Isles Collection cruise for summer of 2010. It goes to Ireland, Scotland, England and France. Has anyone taken this itinerary and if so can you offer a review of your trip?

We did this cruise last summer. It was my favorite out of 23 cruises. We had a great roll call group that planned private excursions together at almost every port. I'd suggest you look at the our roll call to see which excursions were planned.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=536200&highlight=grand

Also, one member wrote a very detailed review.

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=45426

We did this cruise last summer. It was my favorite out of 23 cruises. We had a great roll call group that planned private excursions together at almost every port. I'd suggest you look at the our roll call to see which excursions were planned.

Thanks for this post. I really want to do this cruise - and I live here! That's why I'm lurking around the Princess board.

I'm happy to communicate with any Princess/UK Islands potential cruise passengers.

Roll call for the Aug. 12, 2009 sailing of this cruise has been very active with many recommendations for private excursions. The Tattoo tickets sold out within hours of them being available on the Princess shore excursions. The roll call info/update was instrumental in our securing the tickets. Unfortunately, we had to cancel the cruise and the tickets. Still want to do this itinerary--looks great.

We are on this sailing on the Crown Princess Aug. 12th, 2009. 12 day British Isle cruise. There is a wealth of information on our Roll Call. Many are booking independent excursions. You will find weather, packing, Hotel, transportation, ticket and excursion information.

Crown Princess ~ British Isles ~ Aug. 12, 2009 - Page 41 - Cruise Critic Message Boards

I am sure one of us will post a review upon our return!

Ports of call are :

St Peter PRT/Feudal Sark

Cobh, Ireland

Dublin, Ireland

Liverpool

Belfast

Greenock

Ivergordon, Scotland

Le Harve, France

Southampton

Thanks Grannycb for the link to jstducky's review. That was just what I was looking for...

• 4 weeks later...

We have cruised British Isles itineraries twice, in 2005 and 2007. The itineraries were a bit different for those cruises but many of the ports are the same. I'm a bit disappointed that the ships are no longer stopping in Orkney, which was one of my favorites.

You can find lots of ideas for private tours and I have to say that all of the various operators we have used gave first-class service. Check out the British Isles board on this site in addition to the excellent reviews already linked. You'll find loads of good advice there.

I am considering the British Isles Collection cruise for summer of 2010. It goes to Ireland, Scotland, England and France. Has anyone taken this itinerary and if so can you offer a review of your trip?

We did the 12 day British Isles cruise May-June 2008 out of Southampton aboard the Grand and I have to tell you it was the single best, yet exhausting cruise we've ever done.

The Grand is our favorite cruise ship for various reasons, but it was the ports that as a Canadian I'd always wanted to visit that made this a trip of a lifetime.

beware, go rested because this is a port intensive cruise and your walking shoes will get a workout. Most of the stops are self tour-able and if you luck out as we did weather wise for the scenic cruising day, the views of the Scottish Hebrides will go down in you greatest vistas of all time.

We're back next year to do the Scandinavian and Iberian part of the Grands schedule but plan to do the British Isles again some day again. You're going to love it.

Archived