Mykonos: What to do, Monday in September

KK18

We'll be there from 7am to 5 pm. Delos is closed and we don't want to spend $65 each to do the ships tour of Delos.

What else can we do? We would like to see some of the island and then spend some time at the beach. Should we rent a car?

Looking for any suggestions...

Thank you!

We love to rent cars in Europe, but Mykonos is one of the few places where we think a rental car is a waste of money. Our normal Mykonos day would be to go into town, walk over to the bus station near the windmills, and take the bus to Paradise Beach. On Paradise, we normally rent chairs and umbrellas and spend a relaxing day. Than, we grab the bus back into town and spend a few hours browsing the shops and perhaps having a glass of wine in one of the harbor-view cafes. We have never found the island to offer enough sites to justify a rental car, but I guess there are some who would disagree with our assessment.

Hank

We love to rent cars in Europe, but Mykonos is one of the few places where we think a rental car is a waste of money. Our normal Mykonos day would be to go into town, walk over to the bus station near the windmills, and take the bus to Paradise Beach. On Paradise, we normally rent chairs and umbrellas and spend a relaxing day. Than, we grab the bus back into town and spend a few hours browsing the shops and perhaps having a glass of wine in one of the harbor-view cafes. We have never found the island to offer enough sites to justify a rental car, but I guess there are some who would disagree with our assessment.

Hank

+1.. I complete agree...

We'll be there from 7am to 5 pm. Delos is closed and we don't want to spend $65 each to do the ships tour of Delos.

What else can we do? We would like to see some of the island and then spend some time at the beach. Should we rent a car?

Thank you!

My DH and DS rented a Scooter there for 15 euros for the day, they had a blast, they still talk about how much fun it was to drive around.

Thank you!

Mykonos is a pretty small island so I don't think it's really necessary to rent a car plus there are buses that you can always catch.

Archived