coffee on carnival...

MJShore

I have had no complaints about Lido deck coffee on Carnival. I like my coffee strong and black and it does me quite well.

The one place I cannot abide the coffee is Starbucks. Unless you get one of the well-camouflaged pseudo-coffee products, it tastes like swill from the pre-wash sink in the scullery.

Doc

I think the coffee on the lido deck is not very good at all.....and I like mine strong......but to me it taste weak...

It could be that the machines are dirty......

Room service coffee taste much better.........

I also agree with the other poster that RCCL's Seattles best taste better then Carnivals gourmet coffee shop coffee......

Most people have no idea of what good coffee is because they have never had it. "Strong coffee"? What is that? Is that coffee made with a high does of coffee, or coffee that has been sitting around so long that it is hard to drink?

I like good coffee, so I stay away from junk like Charbucks and Peets. The beans sold in the stores are stale (most people don't know that), and stale beans make for bad coffee.

So, I roast my own beans weekly and make my own espresso in the morning. How's the coffee on CCL? Bad! How's the espresso/cappucino? Not bad! How's the specialty coffee? Good, best of all the cruise lines, better than chains like Charbucks. They use Lilly brand beans (ok, they are stale, but better than most), grind the beans and use portofiliters, and if you want flavors, they use Davinci which is better than Torani. The prices are also very fair. I think it is $3.75 total for a drink comparable to a Charbucks Vente. Go on Princess and if the pay stuff is wretched. The last RCL cruise I went on, the pay stuff (Seattle's Best) wan't bad. Not as good as CCL, but still acceptable.

I drink a pot of coffee a day at home. (black, and pretty weak)

On the ship I've never finished more than a single mouthful from lido or the mdr. Just enough to stave off the splitting headache. So I guess that means I really hate it!

However I found that the pay coffee place was well worth the $1.50 or so for a cup that I found much more palatable.

That in mind, I absolutely detest Starbucks - tastes like used engine oil to me... so if you're a Starbucks fan, you probably won't like the ship's coffee place :)

I drink Gevalia breakfast blend at home and make it cowboy coffee strong. By day two or three, I'm used to the coffee and drink it because I love to drink coffee. I just get used to it and adjust, knowing I'm not home and this is what they're serving. It is NOT high quality, it is what it is.... so don't worry about it, you'll be too busy having fun to be having an issue with it. There are few coffee choices, so try not to sweat it because it may irritate you if you let it. Have a great cruise!

I have had no complaints about Lido deck coffee on Carnival. I like my coffee strong and black and it does me quite well.

The one place I cannot abide the coffee is Starbucks. Unless you get one of the well-camouflaged pseudo-coffee products, it tastes like swill from the pre-wash sink in the scullery.

Doc

Starbucks burns their beans. :eek:

My GF and I did a back to back on the Destiny and had the lido coffee every morning.

Filled a 16 oz travel mug every morning for 9 days, black....not bad at all.

Not the best I had, but not bad.

:cool:

My 1st cruise so please excusme me if this is a silly question, but I was under the impression I had to pay for ALL drinks. Are there certain times/restraunts when I can get free coffee/beverages? I dont want to look silly trying to pay for something.

You get free coffee, tea, juices, etc. in the Lido deck restaurant and the dining room. If you want alcoholic drinks.....you have to pay for them. If you want specialty coffee, you have to pay for it.

Have a great time on your first cruise. You'll be hooked like the rest of us!:D

I drink Gevalia breakfast blend at home and make it cowboy coffee strong. By day two or three, I'm used to the coffee and drink it because I love to drink coffee. I just get used to it and adjust, knowing I'm not home and this is what they're serving. It is NOT high quality, it is what it is.... so don't worry about it, you'll be too busy having fun to be having an issue with it. There are few coffee choices, so try not to sweat it because it may irritate you if you let it. Have a great cruise!

That's all I drink at home...........

As I remember, the coffee on Conquest and Elation were not great but tolerable. Better in the dining room than lido.

But,

We went on RCCL Voyager of the seas last December and that was the Worst coffee I have ever tasted. Dining room, room service, and buffett. It all was terrible. We finally learned that if you mixed 50% hot water and 50% coffee, it was drinkable.

Carnival coffee........been on several Carnival cruises.....and that would be my # 1 complaint. Bitter, and cheap......c'mon Carnival .......with the huge volume you do...you could much improve quality without it costing you an arm and a leg.

We're big into Columbian....and miss it on our ship.

Those who say buy much better tasting coffee at onboard specialty shops, I agree and do it now and then.......but don't kid yourself.....they use exactly the same ship water (you know, de-salinated)....so its the higher quality coffee, not the water that makes the difference vs. the yuk that ship makes for Lido.

M

I am really picky about coffee.. if i had a REAL cup like DCLARK i would be in bliss

Hehe... the women at my work love double shot mochas. Sometimes, a day or two after roasting some beans, I'll bring one in and offer it up. I have a bout 12 different types of green beans in my cabinet to roast whenever, plus 6 different types of chocolate and four different types of syrup. I won't even tell you about my tea collection!

Thank you to everyone on their wide variety of opinions on the coffee onboard. Will certainly help with our Aug. 14th sailing!

does anyone know how much the coffee card is?

Thanks SO much!

I can't remember exactly, but I think it was $10-$12. I did get a very nice Latte from the MDR, so I didn't buy as many coffe cards.

hi everyone

does anyone know if such thing as th coffee card exists at all?

also i heard there is a sushi bar on Carnival bar?

where is it? is there a specific time?

thank you

I've heard that the coffee card is $13, that will get you a large coffee each day...and yes there is a sushi bar on the newer ships that is open every afternoon...Dennis

Archived