coffee on carnival...

MJShore

Not high quality on Lido (at Buffet). A teeny bit better maybe from room service and in Main Dining Room. Premium coffee you can buy at coffee bar on-board-- not too bad. We bring our own press pot and a heater.

how is the coffee? does it vary by ship? if it does, how is it on the pride?

The coffe on the Lido deck is not very good...It's a coffee mix and it varies from one station to another...I think the machines need a good cleaning and to be re-calibrated ..next time I will buy the coffee card, I think you get one cup a day and I don't know what it cost....:)...Dennis

My wife and I loved the Food on the Carnival pride in Dinning room.Lido buffet Okay- good .

BUT the coffee on the ship was the worst of any cruise lines i have been on.The coffee at the extra charge fancy coffee bar was good.At dinner had dbl expresso when I usually only drink coffee but even there the coffee was really really bad.

I was able to tolerate the morning dining room and buffett coffee my wife couldn't and she isn't a complainer.

In a word, it sucks

The MDR coffee, I find, is worse than the Lido..

I would try coffee from each machine because each machine will taste slightly different and you can then decide which crappy cup of coffee is better.. lol

The coffee shop coffee that you pay for is much better..

Have a great cruise

I keep hearing how bad the coffee is...???.........I don't understand it.

We've sailed the Conquest and the Ecstasy (so far!) this year and found the coffee in MDR, Lido, & room service all to be quite enjoyable.

Maybe it varies from ship to ship or station to station....

I do know that one morning our sons went to breakfast before we did and came back to the cabin warning us that the coffee was terrible---really weak. Then they went back to the MDR with us while we ate and we all had wonderful coffee. Never another "bad" cup.

Maybe I've just always had good luck of the draw.

Personally I agree that the coffee, whether in the DR, Lido and room service kind of sucks.

I am told that the coffee bar coffee is very strong so I would not like it.

For a week I drink tea with an occasional cup of coffee that I will not particularly enjoy.

However this should be the worst thing about a cruise.

I usually don't drink coffee, but had a cup with dessert first night on the Pride and liked it so much I had a cup every night. My DGrD who likes coffee reminded me that I like my coffee very weak and that's why I liked it. She thought the only decent coffee was premium cups she got from coffee bar. She bought a coffee card and with it her coffee was not only cheaper then the "by the cup" cost, she was also able to buy the yummy carrot cake and Choc. covered strawberries at a discount (20% off I think ).

I have yet to have good coffee on a Carnival ship other than through the specialty coffee shop. Miracle had the worst of all, but Glory, Legend, Inspiration and Fantasy were not much better.

Unlike Carnival, RCI serves Seattle's Best Coffee on its ships and it is much better than the coffee served by Carnival.

I have yet to have good coffee on a Carnival ship other than through the specialty coffee shop. Miracle had the worst of all, but Glory, Legend, Inspiration and Fantasy were not much better.

Unlike Carnival, RCI serves Seattle's Best Coffee on its ships and it is much better than the coffee served by Carnival.

I guess it is all a matter of taste but, I did not think the coffee on the Miracle was too bad. At dinner time I would have the Cappachino and it was pretty good. In the morning I would get my coffee on the Lido deck and in evening I would enjoy a good coffee drink from the specialty coffee stand.:D

it is horrible because the water TASTES so horrible...the water on Pride was the WORST i've tasted on a ship....

the pay coffee was significantly better though...even just the regular stuff...and the cappucinos in the dining room were decent too (and free-yay!)......go figure.

I love good coffee and usually order Peet's Major Dickenson or one of their other coffees when I can't find it locally. I brought 12 packets of Starbucks Via Italian Roast instant coffee with me on the Legend. I brought home 12 packets. I didn't find the coffee on the Legend's Lido deck to be all that bad. I was tempted to try the specialty coffee but didn't. Howerver, the capuccino in the MDR after dinner wasn't as flavorful as I had expected. And since we were late dining, I didn't go for any double expressos.

IMO, bringing a presspot can be a messy proposition. Bringing a water heater insertion doesn't get the water hot enough and risks a fire hazard. Likewise trying to carryon your own drip pot.

And remember, coffee is an acquired taste. Your idea of good coffee may taste weak to me or vice versa. Bring a little good instant coffee/ or instant expresso with you if you like your coffee strong and if the Lido deck coffee tastes weak to you add a bit of instant to it. If the Lido deck coffee is too strong for you, add a bit of hot water to it until you get it right.

My 1st cruise so please excusme me if this is a silly question, but I was under the impression I had to pay for ALL drinks. Are there certain times/restraunts when I can get free coffee/beverages? I dont want to look silly trying to pay for something.

My 1st cruise so please excusme me if this is a silly question, but I was under the impression I had to pay for ALL drinks. Are there certain times/restraunts when I can get free coffee/beverages? I dont want to look silly trying to pay for something.

Coffee, tea, orange juice and a couple of other juices in the Lido buffet are all free...after breakfast it's ice tea( and it's not much better than the coffee), lemonade, guava juice all in the Lido buffet....At dinner all beverages except soft drinks are free including cappichino and expresso...Dennis

Coffee is free every where except at the specialty coffee bar.

Juice, water and iced tea are also free...soda and anything else you would get at the bar cost money.

Hopefully you can answer a question for me. Going on same Pride Cruise as you are 9/6/09. I heard coffee and iced tea are free but, after reading all this I'm not so sure. I see you cruised carnival before. Can you clear this up for me? thank you

Destiny coffee in the buffet is awful. Specialty coffee is very good, they have it on two decks but don't open until 7am for $1.50 16oz cup. Had coffee in MDR several evenings, didn't mind it .... or maybe I was more into the Chocolate Melting cake that I didn't notice:)

At home we drink grocery store generic coffee and like it just fine. On the Elation, the coffee was pretty bad....add the creamer and it doesn't help much. I have to have coffee in the morning so I drank it, but didn't really enjoy it. I was thinking of bringing some vanilla creamer on our next trip to help "mask" the flavor, but I don't really know if I want to carry it around.

Maybe I will treat myself to special coffee from the coffee shop once or twice next time.

Hopefully you can answer a question for me. Going on same Pride Cruise as you are 9/6/09. I heard coffee and iced tea are free but, after reading all this I'm not so sure. I see you cruised carnival before. Can you clear this up for me? thank you

You can get free coffee with room service, the lido deck or the dining room, cappucinos are free in the dining room too.

Speciality coffee if your ship has a specialty coffee shop are not free. DH likes the free coffee, really likes the capps. in the dining room and loved the specialty coffe. Bought 2 coffee cards. You can get hot chocolate with the cards too, they are good. Milk shakes weren't bad either.

Archived