Price Drop...What Do I Do??

VernaCS

I am currently booked on the Imagination for September 14 and I booked the pasted guest rate at $229 for the 1st two guest and $129 for guest 3 & 4 and now the price has dropped to $199 for guest 1 & 2 and 109 for guest 3 & 4. So I called this morning asking about the price drop and are they offering a OBC. They guy told me that they do not offer OBC while inside of the penalty phase. So instead of getting upset I just said thank you and got of the phone. But I am really mad because I don't know what to do! The guy didn't help at all! He couldn't offer an upgrade an obc all he could say was have a great morning. What should I do? Who should I call?

Thanks

Verna

I am currently booked on the Imagination for September 14 and I booked the pasted guest rate at $229 for the 1st two guest and $129 for guest 3 & 4 and now the price has dropped to $199 for guest 1 & 2 and 109 for guest 3 & 4. So I called this morning asking about the price drop and are they offering a OBC. They guy told me that they do not offer OBC while inside of the penalty phase. So instead of getting upset I just said thank you and got of the phone. But I am really mad because I don't know what to do! The guy didn't help at all! He couldn't offer an upgrade an obc all he could say was have a great morning. What should I do? Who should I call?

Thanks

Verna

You cannot get a price drop of OBC after final payment unless you booked the Early Saver Rate. Past guest rate does not qualify. They changed that last year and it has been on their website. Sorry, but nothing you can do. EXcept HAVE A GREAT CRUISE....You got a great rate anyway...have fun!

Unless I misunderstand the new rules, the only way you will get the OBC is if you booked the Early Saver rate, not the past guest rate. With Early Saver, you can get the price adjustment up to two business days before you sail.

I know this isn't the answer you wanted, and if I'm wrong, I'm sure someone can correct me, but that's how I read it. I hope you enjoy your cruise, no matter what.

You may never know how nice an upgrade cam be .

Don't let that put a damper on your cruise.

Just have a ball ! :D

After final payment, only early saver qualifies for OBC. A sale is a sale. If you bought a new car 3 months ago and then that same car went on sale today, would the dealership give you some money back? Don't think so! Cruises work the same way. Enjoy your cruise and realize that when you booked, you were happy with your rate. Don't let a price drop put a damper on your good time.

Pat

Thanks

Verna

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but he was right. there is nothing you can do, and no one that you can call. Unless you book ES rates, carnival does not give OBC while within penalty phase.

what about Florida Resident rates? are they eligible for OBC if price drops?

Not unless the OP was booked early saver, no refunds after final payment.

---------

OP call back and ask for a upgrade to a higher category cabin that matches what you paid. I have done this when I couldnt get a price drop. I would see what category now matches, and look and pick out a cabin and say I want this one, be a little more proactive, and then they will move you.

Do you want a upgrade?? If so then you CAN get upgraded to whatever category is now what you paid.

Sorry, nothing to do now. A year ago they would have given you OBC, but now only ES rates qualify for that. I am not so sure about the upgrade, either. Once you've passed the final payment date, you've made your purchase and you live with it.

But I agree, it sounds like you've got a great cruise booked at a good rate. Just relax, don't look at the prices anymore, and enjoy yourself!

Sorry, nothing to do now. A year ago they would have given you OBC, but now only ES rates qualify for that. I am not so sure about the upgrade, either. Once you've passed the final payment date, you've made your purchase and you live with it.

But I agree, it sounds like you've got a great cruise booked at a good rate. Just relax, don't look at the prices anymore, and enjoy yourself!

Many people have gotten upgrades, if there is something available. I sure would call and ask for a upgrade (as I said I HAVE called and gotten upgraded, last January in fact).

My understanding that once final payment is made all they can offer you is obc. What is wrong with this?

Linda

I agree. If I can get a lower rate between now and a week before, I will gladly take the OBC. but it seems my cruise keeps going up.

I agree. If I can get a lower rate between now and a week before, I will gladly take the OBC. but it seems my cruise keeps going up.

Im sure the OP would gladly take OBC too, only problem is they cant get it, since they are not ES and past final payment.

Hi Verna!!! We ar still missing you and our other pals from the Freedom:) I hope you have a wonderful time on your September cruise. I am keeping my fingers crossed for you - maybe you will get an upgrade????????:rolleyes:

Thanks everyone! I didn't know the rules were changed! And everyone is right I did get the cruise for a GREAT price. I was just thought it would be nice to have a little money waiting for me when I got on board. :D So for the future should I book the early savers rate?

Hi Charlotte! I have missed everyone from the Freedom as well! But, I haven't spoken to anybody since the cruise. I don't know if you notice but we are booked for the dream as well next year! So I guess I will see each other again in May:). Does anyone still post on the Freedom board? I guess I need to go take a look!

Thanks again everyone!!!

My understanding that once final payment is made all they can offer you is obc. What is wrong with this?

Linda

You have this backwards. After final payment no OBC, but if there is a cabin in a higher category available, for what you paid or less you can get an upgrade.

Verna!!!! OMGosh!!! I didn't notice that you were booked on the Dream, too. I am so glad. We are bringing our kids on this one - it is their Christmas present! Yeah!!! I am so excited. Angel and AnitaMarie will be there as well - 2nd half of their B2B.

Dave and I are still in touch with Lee and Roxanne - wish they would join us too. We could have "Freedom" - the sequel - LOL:)

Archived