Date change for New Year's Eve?

Summergee

I received the latest issue of The Cunarder yesterday. Has anyone else noticed that, inside the back cover, 31 January 2009 is the day, according to Cunard, when we usher in the New Year and the new decade?

I received the latest issue of The Cunarder yesterday. Has anyone else noticed that, inside the back cover, 31 January 2009 is the day, according to Cunard, when we usher in the New Year and the new decade?

Yes, but as with nightly dress code, onboard scheduling is at the discretion of the ship's management.:)

Err i hope it is not the same department that sends out the tickets for my next cruise that wrote this.

You know, I just spent 10 minutes gazing at this post and thinking "Yes, so what's wrong with that?" Clearly, I'm getting as daft as Cunard.

:eek:

J

See how much we rely upon you to lead us to the light?:)

Yeah, but just be aware that the Army once wrote of my leadership skills "Any soldier who follows this NCO does so purely out of a misplaced sense of curiosity" :eek:

J

Yeah, but just be aware that the Army once wrote of my leadership skills "Any soldier who follows this NCO does so purely out of a misplaced sense of curiosity" :eek:

J

LOL. A new one for me James.

Gari

LOL. A new one for me James.

Gari

Ah, there's more where that came from. My favourite was written on a Subaltern's annual confidential report. His CO had written "On the day that this officer joined the Army, a village somewhere mourned the loss of its idiot". Nice turn of phrase I thought.

J

Ah, there's more where that came from. My favourite was written on a Subaltern's annual confidential report. His CO had written "On the day that this officer joined the Army, a village somewhere mourned the loss of its idiot". Nice turn of phrase I thought.

J

Or of a second mate on one ship, 'Runs his department entirely to his own satisfaction'.

G.

Or of a second mate on one ship, 'Runs his department entirely to his own satisfaction'.

G.

I think the Grey Funnel Line gets my personal prize for the best ever.

"During the course of this commission, Surgeon Lieutenant X has used my officers to carry his body from bar to bar, and my ship to transport his sexual organs from port to port".

J

I think the Grey Funnel Line gets my personal prize for the best ever.

"During the course of this commission, Surgeon Lieutenant X has used my officers to carry his body from bar to bar, and my ship to transport his sexual organs from port to port".

J

You are not talking about John on the boards are you J?:o

Archived