Can you luggage tag your case of soda and get it delivered?

KOOLBEANS

Sorry, if this has been mentioned many times. Anyway, I can't remember if you do put a luggage tag on it will it be delivered to your room?

Can you please tell me how you got your cases of pop/water on board and to your room? Oh please don't tell me you had to carry them around til your room was ready??

Thanks so much for your help here!!

Pack them in a suitcase, or something with a handle. The porters have been refusing to deliver water and such that people dont make it more portable, like you mentioned.. just putting a luggage tag. If you put it in a gymbag or something they will take it.

We've always packed a suitcase with the case of water, a few cans of Mountain Dew, and a the little one's pillows/teddy bears/blankets.

We always count on that space for purchases/soveniers/etc AFTER the cruise

Pack them in a suitcase, or something with a handle. The porters have been refusing to deliver water and such that people dont make it more portable, like you mentioned.. just putting a luggage tag. If you put it in a gymbag or something they will take it.

That's what I think is happening. People have been refused checking cases of soda/water with luggage tag on them...that part is true from posts on this board.

But Why? It seems to be the porter's discretion.

I look at this from their point of view...to sort a piece of luggage they just look at the tag on the handle..put it in the right bin.

A 24 pack of water has six sides..no handle..is heavy and they'll have to turn it round and round to find the tag, taped to a side.

I'm preparing to carry on my 2 twelve packs of soda if refused at curb side.

However...in the past and this time. I bring Packing tape/duct tape, and tape both packs together and leave some tape to make a handle fashioned out of the tape..just tape it and leave a nice loop so it's easy to carry and the tag is obvious.

The luggage tag goes on that handle...so it's no more work for view or handle than any other bundle or luggage.

Still it will depend on the porter and their following of the 'rules'...a good tip wouldn't hurt.

We just folded an empty duffel bag in our luggage (folds down flat) and purchased our soda prior to embarkation and put it in the duffel bag and gave it to the porter with our luggage. We had five 12 packs for the four of us. Made it to our cabin safely.

we brought a cube of soda on and put 3 luggage tags on the top and sides. It was delivered to our cabin. late but delivered. and at least the porters knew what it was so they werent throwing it around like they might if the soda was hidden in a suitcase

That's what I think is happening. People have been refused checking cases of soda/water with luggage tag on them...that part is true from posts on this board.

But Why? It seems to be the porter's discretion.

I look at this from their point of view...to sort a piece of luggage they just look at the tag on the handle..put it in the right bin.

A 24 pack of water has six sides..no handle..is heavy and they'll have to turn it round and round to find the tag, taped to a side.

I'm preparing to carry on my 2 twelve packs of soda if refused at curb side.

However...in the past and this time. I bring Packing tape/duct tape, and tape both packs together and leave some tape to make a handle fashioned out of the tape..just tape it and leave a nice loop so it's easy to carry and the tag is obvious.

The luggage tag goes on that handle...so it's no more work for view or handle than any other bundle or luggage.

Still it will depend on the porter and their following of the 'rules'...a good tip wouldn't hurt.

Wny not just spring for a new suitcase and fill it up?? People sure do seem to go to extremes to bring on soda and water. I dont bring anything. My sister packs a coke a day for her nightly snack.

Three cruises and it works like a charm.

Go to Walmart or Target and get cheap dufflebag. When you get to the port put all the water bottles and coke in the duffle bag. tape the handles together and put on the luggage tag. Works great. Havent yet had a water bottle or coke can broken.

We brought a case of water & a case of diet cola to the Port of Miami & the porter refused to take it. We just left it in the terminal. Next time we will buy a rolling suitcase & just take it on ourselves.

We brought a case of water & a case of diet cola to the Port of Miami & the porter refused to take it. We just left it in the terminal. Next time we will buy a rolling suitcase & just take it on ourselves.

I'm glad to hear they refused it ... maybe some people will stop and think and pack it so its easier to carry and buy a suitcase. Im cheap .... but just thinking you should be able to buy a case of water and slap a tag on it is ridiculous. The guy you tip to take it .... he hands it off to another porter to deliver anyway. The porters at the port dont go onto the ship, they just take your luggage in the port.

People who are continually abusing the system are going to make Carnival change the rules and start limiting the amount you can carry on. ...then they are going to whine and not realize it is their own fault.

Archived