Looking for a hotel in Fort Lauderdale

Hi,

Feel free to check out the Florida board (this will probably be moved there by a moderator anyway). You don't even have to re-post; there are hundreds of threads already, asking for hotels in Fort Lauderdale. You can scroll through them and make notes, do your online research.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=495

We stayed at the Embassy Suites and we were able to see the port from our room. The hotel is also within walking distance of a strip mall with some restaurants, a supermarket and liquor store.

They also offered a shuttle (for a nominal fee) to the port.

My friend and I are also on that sailing, it's a girls cruise... We're staying at the Hyatt Place, which looks nice... it has a free breakfast, and a shuttle both from the airport to the hotel and then from the hotel to the port.

See you on board in 29 days! :D

My friend and I are also on that sailing, it's a girls cruise... We're staying at the Hyatt Place, which looks nice... it has a free breakfast, and a shuttle both from the airport to the hotel and then from the hotel to the port.

We stayed at the Hyatt Place in Jan for $119 a night...got it on Priceline..its the 4 star hotel for Priceline in Ft Laud....breakfast is good but I would take a $10 cab ride to the port as it doesn't start going till around noon and there are a BUNCH of people wanting to use it. Rooms are very spacious and nice...walking distance to shopping center with restaurants and a supermarket...and their shuttle will pick you up at the airport!

We stayed at the Hyatt Place in Jan for $119 a night...got it on Priceline..its the 4 star hotel for Priceline in Ft Laud....breakfast is good but I would take a $10 cab ride to the port as it doesn't start going till around noon and there are a BUNCH of people wanting to use it. Rooms are very spacious and nice...walking distance to shopping center with restaurants and a supermarket...and their shuttle will pick you up at the airport!

That's great information, thanks. :) When DH and I sail together, we do generally leave for the port before noon, so we may want to consider taking a cab... especially if it's only a $10 ride... although their aren't as many ships sailing out of Fort Lauderdale in August as their are in January. Do you know if they have a sign up sheet for the shuttle?

Just wanted to add for the OP... since it is off season, the prices are much lower than it would be in January. The price for August 31 directly through the hotel site is $89.

We got the 4* Renaissance Downtown Ft Lauderdale for $59 per night on Priceline for our upcoming Enchantment cruise. Cruise departs Sept 5, we're staying the one night pre-cruise, Sept 4. From what I understand, the Renaissance is very close to the pier also. The Renaissance does not have shuttle service, but the distance from the airport to the hotel to the pier is minimal so the cost for a cab won't be high.

That's great information, thanks. :) When DH and I sail together, we do generally leave for the port before noon, so we may want to consider taking a cab... especially if it's only a $10 ride... although their aren't as many ships sailing out of Fort Lauderdale in August as their are in January. Do you know if they have a sign up sheet for the shuttle?

Just wanted to add for the OP... since it is off season, the prices are much lower than it would be in January. The price for August 31 directly through the hotel site is $89.

Yes, there is a sign up for the shuttle....and yes I forgot its off season..you may be able to get this for around $60 or less on Priceline.....Hyatts price in Jan was over $200

We liked Embassy Suites-best pool (water falls)- and breakfast was great too. Laundry on floors-gets busy. We did have a problem on the return-rooms were not ready until 3pm.

They also had a free shuttle from the airport. Very close to the port.

Ellen why not stop by our roll call thread for this up coming cruise aboard the Enchantment. Here's the link http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=948546

Thanks for all the info regarding the hotel. We won't be flying in the day before sine the airline want a $100 per person plus any change in the fair.

Archived