A question re: copenhagen hotels

ijkh

I would post this in the baltic dept but feel the Europe section gets more traffic. We are needing to stop overnight in CPH enroute to our cruise that leaves in Venice. We have tried like crazy to get into the Hilton, Marriott or Raddisons and all are booked on this one night we needed Sept 6, 2005. I have booked tenative reservation at Park Inn. It gets low ratings at trip advisor.com I was able to find a room at the Hotel Tiffany. Anyone ever stay there? Is clean, comfortable, big enough rooms to turn around in and does it have a smidge of charm?

Thanks,

Ilene

Ilene,

We stayed 3 nights at the Phoenix Copenhagen this past August and we were very happy with it. We booked it thru arp-hansen.com when it was a "today's special" and got it for $120 USD. Actually the Baltics board gets lots of activity. There were many discussions of Copenhagen hotels when we were planning our Baltics cruise. You could probably do a search for Copenhagen hotel on that thread and come up with some good recommendations.

Julie

We spent a week last June (2003) at the Clarion Neptun Hotel. It's not a fancy hotel; but our room was huge for Europe, and the hotel was failrly close to the port (near the ferries, perhaps a mile from the cruise ships), and only a stone's throw from Nyhavn and a major square. It also had a terrific buffet breakfast, with smoked salmon, amazing Danish pastries, cheeses, great breads, and plenty of breakfast meats. If you'd like a European style (not American) hotel, give it a try!

We stayed at the Kong Arthur after a recommendation from a colleague of mine at the office...We were very pleased...quaint local hotel in quiet residential area on one of the "defense lakes"...walking distance from Stroget, Rosenborg Palace and all of the sights of Central Copenhagen...

http://www.kongarthur.dk/startUK.htm

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g189541-d232098-Reviews-Hotel_Kong_Arthur-Copenhagen_Zealand-GTEST74819.html

Good luck...

Like Juliejoe we have stayed at the Phoenix Hotel in September 2003 and enjoyed our stay there very much. It is in a good location and we had a lovely room. They were very obliging as we arrived very early in the morning (at 7.30am) and even though our room wasn't ready we were given a smaller room to have a shower and freshen up.

We also booked our room directly with the hotel on the net and we had a weekend special.

Jennie

I would like to recommend the Scandic Hotel in Copenhagen. It is located near Tivoli Gardens and Town Hall. It was a lovely hotel. It is affiliated with Hilton. The room was very nice with a great down comforter, sleek Scandanavian furniture, and we couldn't have been happier there. Try it, you might like it. We stayed one night following a Baltic Cruise. It was very conveniently located. We took a hop on hop off bus tour (walked to the stop from our hotel). We also walked the Stroget, and over to Nyhavn, where we took a boat tour.

Archived