"LIVE" from Freedom of the Seas / Aug 2, 2009

Radio

Good morning Radio

Be sure to get a shot of the shops at the end of the pier. Amy wants to see how the area has changed since we were there in 2005

Have a good time!

R

Ha ha ha. . .Mrs Radio wants the same report ! :)

Will do. . .

Radio

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Radio,

Just curious what you are using for your position indicator?

thanks.

I am using a Garmin GPSMap76CSx, a Delorme LT-40 (Wired GPS Receiver), and at Delorme BT-20 (Wireless Bluetooth Receiver).

The Nav Channel on the TV, is not very accurate.

Radio

Radio,

I have a question for you. My Stepdad will be sailing with me in Sept. He uses a small mobility scooter and a cane to get around. Do you see these mobility scooters being used on the tenders? My brother and I can pack cary it with ease.

Thanks

Radio,

Is this a web site that shows your current location? If so can ypu tell me what it is.

Thanks for the great posts. I will be on Freedoms Eastern cruise for our 15th anniv. in November.

Here is our current position. . .

We will be in Cozumel soon !

Radio

MAP32.jpg

Radio,

Is this a web site that shows your current location? If so can ypu tell me what it is.

Thanks for the great posts. I will be on Freedoms Eastern cruise for our 15th anniv. in November.

No, take a look at his last post. He uses a portable Nav System

Hello everyone. . . We have arrived in Cozumel, Mexico ! We pulled up to the dock at about 945AM, and were tied up at 10AM. We are docked at the International Pier, and just south of us is the Puerto Maya Pier with the Carnival Valor, and Carnival Conquest.

My plan today is to go up to Chankanaab National Park. (about 5miles south of the pier)I have heard that they have rebuilt the whole park since it was destroyed by the hurricane a few years ago. We printed some discount coupons in advance.

After Chankanaab, I will come back to the shops inside the Terminal to see what I can see. . . The shops have all been rebuilt as well. I may head over to El-Cid Resort (next to the pier). . .They have some great Mexican food !

The forecast for today is Hot and Humid with sunny skies, but a slight chance of rain.

Here are a few pics from early this morning, and our arrival to Cozumel.

Thanks for all of the nice comments, and thanks for tuning in. . .

Radio

The Diamond Lounge, this morning

G7.JPG

The Solarium Spa

G2.JPG

The view FWD from in the spa. . .

G3.JPG

We are almost there. . .just a few more miles until Cozumel

G9.JPG

We are about to pull into the pier.

G8.JPG

We made it to the International Pier in Cozumel

G5.JPG

I still cant say thank you enough for making my day !!!

I'm making it a must do -- on my Sept. cruise to --to at least try and use the hot tubs--well sort of-if there not too crowded--- your pictures make them so inviting---

Cheers to you

April

Radio, thank you so much for all the posts and pictures. We'll be on FOS in December.

Cozumel is one of our favorite ports, and Chankanaab Nat'l Park one of our favorite spots.

Haven't been to the park since the Hurricanes though, so would love an update on it...do they still have the dolphins and sea lions?

Where did you get the discount coupons?

Peggy

Radio, I'm ready and waiting for the next program. cozumel looks pretty good to me. At least i don't have to hop on a tender. Sometimes those leaps are hard on the webbys. The hop up ain't so great either.

Tom, Dahlink, ah yes you're the one. Pleez don't let the young gorgeous read this not. Pidgy and i love our Thursday fly across to see your dahling self. See you next week or here while we listen to the Radio together:D Boy, I betcha people are gonna talk now. YEAH LOL

I'll be here waiting for the next in the Freedom serial. Radio is so good.

Ms Toad resting on her webbys in anticipation

Radio,

Just curious what you are using for your position indicator?

thanks.

Looks like he is using Street Atlas from Delorme. I have it on my laptop because I like to follow the cruise even though RCI puts the track on TV.

:DHi--isn't this exciting?--was wondering what would keep me going until 9-6 and then Radio came aboard. The ship looks wonderful! We were on the Mariner last year and we fell in love with her. The Freedom looks like the Mariner on steroids. Do you know if thre is going to be a Meet and Mingle for 9-6?--I have not checked that out yet.

Tatuwoman

Hi Tatuwoman; I am also on the 9/6/09 sailing on the Freedom of the Seas, and "YES" there is Meet and Mingle.:) The last time I look it was 49 people registered. If you have not done so yet; please check out our thread for the Sep 6 sailing. Also we are going to have a CABIN CRAWL on our sailing. If you are interested in the cabin crawl please tell us.:rolleyes:

My wife and I will arrive in Florida the day before the sailing and we are staying at the HOLIDAY INN EXPRESS in Cocoa Beach. We stayed at this hotel last year before we cruise and it was very nice. They also give you a free breakfast.:D

I also want to thank RADIO for all of this GREAT information and beautiful pictures. This will be our first time on Freedom of the Seas and all information about this ship is appreciated.

Until later Charles

Radio

As you leave your final port of call, as many have stated, you cannot imagine the joy and thrill you have given all of us while you were on your cruise. This week has flown by not only for you but us as well, mainly due to you and your live postings. It has literally felt as if we were cruising with you. There is no way any of us can repay what you have given us.

I think I can speak for all of us by saying, "WOW!!! and THANK YOU!!! for a great week of cruising!!!!!!!"

I know you have another full day of cruising but just wanted to let you know how I am sure all of us feel.

Tim

Hi Radio

Really been enjoying your reports and pictures thanks for taking time to do this. I have one question at Ocho Rios is that little beach in the shopping area is it open to Cruise Ship passengers that looks like a place I can sit all day and be happy.

Thanks Gary

So Radio, do you always post these great threads when you cruise? If so, when can we look forward to your next cruise? :)

Thanks for the nice comments. . . I started doing "LIVE" posts a few years ago.

Many of them can be found HERE ;)

Radio