"LIVE" from Freedom of the Seas / Aug 2, 2009

Radio

Hi Radio

Really enjoying your pics!

I have searched the internet for a close up pic of the starboard side near the aft of Freedom. We are staying in the last balcony on deck 9 which has a slightly different shaped balcony. If you can get a close up pic of this area of the ship either starboard or port you will make me very happy! It is our first balcony and I am so excited! I am so mad that I was on Mariner last year and we were berthed right next to Freedom. I took pics but they are all of the bow end of the ship like most of the pics on the internet.

We stayed in this room on LOS last December and the balcony itself is the same shape but there is an area underneath the railing that comes out from the ship that you can access by going underneath the railing. Its great for storage, drying clothes, scuba gear or for kids to access. We have 4 children and they would crawl under there and have their room service breakfast. Having that extra space allowed all of us to be on the balcony at the same time. We also had the adjoining inside cabin. It was a nice set up. The cabin itself only has a chair, no sofa, because of the connecting door. I would book that cabin again.

Radio, I am overwhelmed at what a kind heart u must have,again thanks much!a picture and

Name of the concierge would be great and a pic of aft balcony 1404. Thanks

The Concierge is Wilfredo "Willy" Salaya, and i will get some pics of 1404. . .

Thanks for the nice comments.;)

Radio

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Thanks Darryl! Neat little prog.

A little side bar question - see u live in Tampa. How long does it take to drive from TPA to Port Canaveral on a Sunday AM? I plan to fly into TPA to visit family be4 heading off for embarkation.

On a Sunday morning, assuming that there is no adverse events on I-4, it takes 3 hours; but that's driving time. You'll, of course, have to factor in additional time for renting a car & turning it in. My DW & I travel to Port Canaveral the day before to avoid having the stress of dealing with all that can go wrong on a beautiful, sun-filled Promised Land (I think you called it Florida) morning.

Hi Darryl, We too will be driving from Tampa to the port. And thanks for your website. Dennis

You are welcome.

NOTE TO ALL: My name is really 'Darry D', like Willie Jo and Rhonda May - and the 'D' stands for Darlin'. While I've been called a lot worse than Darryl, I want to point out my real name before someone else begins to believe I have changed it. I am not offended, Dennis, but I do want to correct you now rather than create a relationship where I'm using some name I have not earned.

Hello everyone. . . I made it back to the ship early today. I came back at around 2PM. We were not required to come back until 415PM, but I was very hot, and just needed to cool off a bit.

When we got off of the ship I noticed that the Passenger Terminal has been closed. The passenger terminal used to house a few vendors that sold some last minute gifts for cruise passengers. They now have a large tent/bubble looking thing that house all of the tour operators, and this is the place that cruise passengers would meet up that are on a tour.

We walked over to Island Village. There were not many changes I noticed from last time I was there. Yes there are still many vendors, and Taxi Operators that will ask you if you need a taxi, and ask you and ask you ? ? ? But this will end as soon as you make it in the Island Village area. Once you are inside, no will bother you, or kep asking what you would like to do today.

We met several people who extremely friendly, and helpful. I had a great cup of Blue Mountain Coffee at Coco Browns Coffee Bar inside Island Village. We were in a nice cool shaded area toward the back of island Village. My brother (who is sailing with me) and I roamed around several of the shops and made a few purchases. I was able to get some “TING” which is a carbonated Grapefruit soft drink, that I have only been able to find in Jamaica (It is very good !)

We had to stop in Jimmy Buffet’s Margaritaville, where there is a small beach, pool, and bar. I have been here before, but I guess it was too early in the day for the music and dancing to begin.

When we left Island Village, we went over to Coconut’s Resort, and had a nice lunch over there. They had a lunch special for 9.99 (no tax), and included Jerk Chicken, rice and beans, coleslaw, and a large Coke. . . It was very filling and very good !

I think the next time I come to Ocho Rios, I might wander over to the Renaissance Jamaica Grande or Sunset Jamaica Grande across the bay. The views of those 2 resorts look very nice.

It was nice though to make it back to the ship that I am calling “Home” for the next several days. I think that most cruisers would agree that it is great to get off of the ship into a Caribbean port , but it is also great to get back on the ship when your day is done.

Tonight is the Party under the Stars up on the pool deck, and that seems to always be a lot of fun with great music. FOS is also offering FreedomIce.com Ice show at 7 and 9, as well as the Love and marriage Game Show that it always very funny.

Tonight is a casual Dinner, and casual or “Surf” attire is suggested.

We are scheduled to leave today at 5PM, and our next stop is Georgetown, Grand Cayman.

Here are a few pics from today. I will try to get a few more up later. . .

Thanks for tuning in. . . and Thanks for all of the very nice comments.

Radio

Welcome to Ocho Rios, Jamaica

J17.JPG

Some of the stores is Island Village

J16.JPG

Coco Browns Coffee Bar

J20.JPG

There was great shade, and a relaxing atmosphere in Coco Browns

J18.JPG

Margaritaville

J22.JPG

A freshwater pool with slide and hot tub in Margaritaville

J36.JPG

Edited by Radio

Here are a few more pics. . .

Radio

A small sandy beach at Island Village

J35.JPG

Here is the same beach as viewed from the Cruise Ship Pier

J25.JPG

Coconuts Bar and Grill

J28.JPG

Outside of the Ocho Rios Terminal

J31.JPG

Freedom of the Seas

J34.JPG

The Beautiful Freedom of the Seas

J33.JPG

Radio, thanks for the great pictures, now I have to go on the Freedom again:D

You are doing a supper job at taking pictures and I can't wait for you to go on the Oasis:eek:

Hope to meet you one day:cool:

Carol:)

Edited by flames

Thank you SOO MUCH, Radio!!

I'm sitting at work (update NY) and needed a mini virtual Ocho Rios break right now! :D

I was there at Island Village & Margaritaville 3yrs ago...and it was a very short visit! We also ran into the Hard Rock across the street from there and got the mandatory shot glass.:rolleyes:

Perfect timing!:D

Thanks again for all your 'hard work'.... Someone really should be paying you for taking these great cruises and providing us all with this great informational LIVE updates!

Edited by pcreek

Radio, I will stay tuned for the next adventure of the day. These pix are wonderful. I can't wait to actually be there. Will October evercome?

Thank you!!!!!!!!!

October will be here very soon ! Its less than 8 weeks away ! ;)

Radio

Thanks Darryl! Neat little prog.

A little side bar question - see u live in Tampa. How long does it take to drive from TPA to Port Canaveral on a Sunday AM?

I plan to fly into TPA to visit family be4 heading off for embarkation.

Mapsource says it is 134 miles and about 2hr 15min drive.

Yes, they do. But it is called the Champagne Bar on Deck 5. It seems that they specialize in Martini's. Most of the passengers there were enjoying Martinis.

Radio

Any idea if they have a Martini tasting event during the week??

Pictures are amazing, keep 'em coming!!:)

Hello everyone. . .We are scheduled to leave in 15 min.

We should arrive in Grand Cayman at 8AM tomorrow.

You can watch as the Freedom of the Seas comes into port with a nice Grand Cayman Webcam HERE.

Here are a few more pics from today. . .

Radio

The Entrance to Island Village

(My Brother took this pic, because I forgot to get a photo of

the entrance) :o

JJ18.jpg

Just Inside Island Village

J27.JPG

More Margaritaville

J21.JPG

Renaissance Jamaica Grande on the other side of Ocho Rios Bay

J38.JPG

We say "So Long" to Jamaica, until next time. . .

J40.JPG

Edited by Radio

I have a Question!! :DRadio this is so great!! Thank you again!

My bf and I are going in January and we NEVER get time alone (except when we're sleeping:rolleyes:) because of our schedules. On our cruise we find it really important to find some spots that are a little private - especially nervous about FOS since the largest I've been on is Radiance. Can you tell me if you have found anything like that and if so, how to get to it? Thank you so much!

P.s. - Any pics from some hump deck 9 cabins? I'll be in 9340 and would love to see the location :D

Hey radio,I might be confused, aren't there 2 different concierge lounges on that ship?and is willy concierge in both?thankyou. You are so helpful!

There is a regular concierge lounge I think of deck 9 and then there is the Diamond Lounge just off the Viking Crown aft area. I also think he spoke that Willy was in the regular concierge lounge.

Tim

You are welcome.

NOTE TO ALL: My name is really 'Darry D', like Willie Jo and Rhonda May - and the 'D' stands for Darlin'. While I've been called a lot worse than Darryl, I want to point out my real name before someone else begins to believe I have changed it. I am not offended, Dennis, but I do want to correct you now rather than create a relationship where I'm using some name I have not earned.

I'm sorry DarryD :o On another thread I am on there is a Darryl and I got confused.

Dennis