"LIVE" from Freedom of the Seas / Aug 2, 2009

Radio

You do the "live from" better then anyone else that I have seen. Keep us entertained and informed. I, too, would like to hear about the completion of the bobsled/roller coaster at Labadee. Any info you provide will be much appreciated.

Radio, good morning. Mine sure is cause i just finished your broadcast and it wonderful with the great pix, as usual. What can a toad say but a big ribbity thank you again for sharing with us all. i can't wait for October to set my webbys on the deck of the Freedom

Radio, can i ask a question; is Paul O'Shea at the piano in the Schooner piano bar? If he is can you find out if he will be there at the end of October into November? Thank you

Hi Weary and Annie. See you are now Sparkling on the Jewel. Give her a hug for me. I know you will have a wonderful trip, altho, it would be nice if you were Freedoming with us in October.

Hopping out for now, but will be back for the next installment of Radio Ms Toad

We will be on that same route and ship later this month, so we are very much looking forward to your review.

Sounds like you are doing what we plan to do, which is to arrive in Orlando/Port Canaveral a day before the cruise. Quick question (assuming you flew in), how did you get from Orlando airport to the hotel you are staying at in Port Canaveral? We are having a hard time trying to figure out how we are going to get to our hotel from the airport the day before the cruise. Also, how do you plan to get to the port from your hotel, a taxi or shuttle?

It says boarding time is at 4:30 (just like our cruise), but please let us know how early one can get to the Port. Seems like you are going to try to get there early, which is what we like to do.

Thanks and have a great cruise!!

What we did which seemed to be the cheapest was rent a car at the airport then drop it off near the port the morning of the cruise. There are several companies that you can choose from then they shuttle you to the ship for free. It was nice having the car that night before to explore around and find a nice restaurant.

Many of the decks have been laid. . .It looks like only a few more to go.

T7.JPG

Good morning Radio,

Looks like there has been a lot of progress since Amy and I were there in April. Is the water still cloudy or has it cleared up now that all of the pile driving is complete?

Have a great day. Keep those reports coming!!

R

This is the first tread that I keep checking. I love it! Thanks so much for taking the time to do this. We are taking our kids for their first cruise in November. We will be on Freedom so they are also loving your live report. Again, thank you for doing this!

Here are a few more pics before I go ashore.

Radio

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

I should be able to get some better pics of the pier when onshore. . .

T14.JPG

Lots of passengers going onshore. . .

T18.JPG

I love the water here !

T17.JPG

Radio I've been following this thread for a couple of days. Thanks soooo much for the live update. It is helping me get through the days at work. I look forward to reading the rest of your review. Keep it coming.

Hi all!

Radio ~ what a terrific "live" with such great pictures ~ thanks so much!

I'm going on this cruise Nov. 15 which reminds me ...

James MTL if you'd like to come over to our roll call for that sailing here's the link 11/15/09 - Let's get the party started (http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=905448)

we need more people!

~Jo~ :)

Radio.....am really enjoying your day by day review of your trip! I check in here a couple times a day to read your updates and see your wonderful pics! I hope to one day sail on the Freedom....she looks like sooo much fun! Keep the reviews coming! Thanks so much!!

4:30 pm is the time she sails. All passengers must be onboard before then. It's at least 90 minutes beforehand according to RCI if you have completed your check in online. I'm sure Radio will let us know what time people were allowed to board.

If you haven't done On-line check in, you must have checked in and completed all paperwork 2 hours prior to sailing.

Even if you board around 11 a.m. I believe cabins are not available until 1 p.m. and all the entrances to the corridors are closed until then (they were when we sailed FOS out of Miami).

We have just done B2B 19th & 26th July.

Pete is correct,on changeover day (26th) we stayed on board.The doors to passegeways are closed,we were told that we could open them to get access to our cabins as we were staying on for the next cruise.We had a good look around the huge suites to see what they were like.Cabin attendants were busy cleaning but they didn't mind us peeking in fact they told us which were the biggest/best suites to look at and where to find them.Cabins aren't usually available until 1:00pm.People started coming aboard around 11:00am.

Radio, thank you so much for taking time from your vacation to share with us! The one thing I would love to know is if Allan Brooks will be the CD on the Sept 13th sailing. He is my favorite CD and I'd love for him to be on our next cruise.

We had Richard Spacey on our first week (19th July)then Allan Brooks on the second.Richard has gone to Oasis to be CD on her.Don't know how long Allan will be on Freedom.

Radio,

Have a great day in Labadee! The sun and sea look so beautiful. I'm sitting at work staring at the wonderful pics and wishing how I could be on the tenders headed out to Labadee for a wonderful day of sun and sand and let's not forget the Labadoozies! Looking forward to hearing back from you later and seeing the awesome pics! Have fun!

You need your own hour show on the Travel channel Radio. This is what 24 hour programming should be.. not bugs that bite and food that moves.... just insight, beautiful pictures and i know later a video to die for. keep up the good work... (and i like that idea of you on the flow rider!) Ms Toad, Ms Toad no trip this fall.. the 401 has become the 104.....

youre ole pal