"LIVE" from Freedom of the Seas / Aug 2, 2009

Radio

The Residence Inn is very nice. We have stayed there twice. It is only a few years old, very clean and has a free hot breakfast. The front desk staff has always been very helpful.

The rooms a big with full size refrigerators, microwave, cooktop and table and chairs.

We have never left a car there since we fly down and always have a rental car. We haven't used there shuttle either since we use the rental shuttle.

We would stay there again if we cruise out of Port Canaveral again.

How is the rental shuttle from Hertz??????? Debating whether we should use rental shuttle or get taxi.

This is exactly what we do. We rent a car for 8 days and park at the Terminal. I know it's expensive but my wife hates sitting at the Terminal with all the luggage, waiting for me if I have to go get a rental car after the cruise and I must admit is sure is nice just to walk off the ship, hop in the car and take off!

Residence Inn is the place to stay provided you have a car. They have no restaurant (they do have a free breakfast in the morning). Will be staying there for our fourth time this September.

Yes we do have a car. We are picking it up at MCO and dropping it off at the Port :)

How is the rental shuttle from Hertz??????? Debating whether we should use rental shuttle or get taxi.

Great! We have used Hertz shuttle twice before our cruise. We returned the car just after 10:30 both times. The first time, the shuttle was just loading. The driver called to us to leave the bags right by the car and he would come get them. The three of us were on the shuttle with only 2 other people and he left as soon as my husband came out of the building from returning the car.

The second time, the shuttle was full and leaving to go to the ships. The driver said he was only going to the Mariner and would be back soon. There were 4 other people waiting that he had to leave along with us. He was back very quickly.

The drivers load the bags for you though my DH and my 17 yr old DS passed things up to him but he told them they didn't need to help. At the port, he unloaded things directly to the porters waiting for us as he opened the door. I did tip both the driver and the porter since we had 5 good size bags and a case of water.

Personally, I wouldn't waste the money on the taxi. I also wouldn't do as some do with one person dropping everyone off at the port, then go return car and come back themselves on the shuttle. We like to stay together. Even if I had little kids, I would take the rental shuttle.

Hertz is directly in front of the Residence Inn, they actually use the same driveway so it is very convenient if you are staying at Residence Inn.

Edited by reallyitsmema

Were you able to use the coupon with the combo?

No. We would have smarter to use the coupon. . . .

Radio

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Edited by Radio

I made it home today by 10:30. . .Here are a few pics from last week.

I still have alot of pics to post, and I have to scan all of the Daily Compass's. . .

Radio

Here is an area just below the FlowRider, and the Wipe out Bar (Next to Fuel)

B10.JPG

Saturday at sea, on the Promenade next to the MDR

B7.JPG

While in Grand Cayman we saw this: 3.64 / Imperial Gallon ! That seems very high. . .

H40.JPG

A poster asked for a photo of the Aft STB Balconies. . . Here it is !

STBFR12.jpg

Edited by Radio

Thanks Radio for taking us along with you! I loved each and everyone of your pictures. I look foward to your live report from the Oasis, we will be on her in Sept of 2010. Thanks again for taking us along!

I made it home today by 10:30. . .Here are a few pics from last week.

I still have alot of pics to post, and I have to scan all of the Daily Compass's. . .

Radio

Here is an area just below the FlowRider, and the Wipe out Bar (Next to Fuel)

B10.JPG

Saturday at sea, on the Promenade next to the MDR

B7.JPG

While in Grand Cayman we saw this: 3.64 / Imperial Gallon ! That seems very high. . .

H40.JPG

A poster asked for a photo of the Aft STB Balconies. . . Here it is !

STBFR12.jpg

do you have cruise compass?if you do could you send me a coy to ncb106@yahoo.com

Hi Radio,

Many thanks for your OUTSTANDING pics and commentary. I just found the site and yours was the first thread opened. What a journey...myself and Mrs. Zoomerica look forward to an RCCL trip soon...just need to nail down route and ship!!

Thanks again,

Anxious for Pix in CA.

We should be in Port Canaveral by around 5AM tomorrow. . .

Just a couple more.

Radio

Diamond Plus / Diamond / Platinum Breakfast Menu (Day 7)

S15.JPG

/quote]

Hi Radio,

I am not sure if you saw my question or if I just missed your answer, but ...........The breakfast for D, DP and Plat......is that a one day only thing? This upcoming Freedom cruise will be my first one as Platinum. Is there a special invitation?

Hi Radio,

I am not sure if you saw my question or if I just missed your answer, but ...........The breakfast for D, DP and Plat......is that a one day only thing? This upcoming Freedom cruise will be my first one as Platinum. Is there a special invitation?

The Loyalty Ambassador will send and Invitation to your Stateroom. They had it set up for Saturday at 930AM.

It is a one time event. There were several of the Officers, and Managers at the event.

Enjoy your Cruise ! :)

Radio

Edited by Radio

Radio,

One question I posted earlier and didn't notice if you had replied or not:

What cabin number did you have for this cruise? (if you don't mind sharing)

Just noticed it was a hump cabin and wondering about the view from my upcoming hump cabin in relation to yours

Radio,

Thanks for the information. So we can take the bus to seven mile beach.

Where at seven mile beach do we get the snorkling that you just walk to the shallow water ? We have to tell the taxi driver ?

If you are taking a tour, they will take you to the right place. We however, took the Public Bus ($2.50 and 2 blocks from the Tender Terminal)

The taxi drivers may not want to take just a couple of passengers just a few miles.

We asked several people who were holding signs for "Seven Mile Beach & Turtle Farm, and Island Tour" I asked them how can I get to JUST the Turtle Farm? They said I should walk to the Bus Station.

Just let the Bus Driver know you want to get off at the "Public 7 Mile Beach"

Radio

Edited by Radio

Radio,

One question I posted earlier and didn't notice if you had replied or not:

What cabin number did you have for this cruise? (if you don't mind sharing)

Just noticed it was a hump cabin and wondering about the view from my upcoming hump cabin in relation to yours

I was in an E2 / 7336

Radio

Deck 7

FR7336.jpg

Radio, i loved every minute of the cruise with you. Now I just have to wait. Sigh! Thank you so much for the wonderful eveything. BTW, was Paul O'Shea at the piano in the Schooner Bar?

Thanx again Ms Toad not signing off, just waiting for the next Radio transmission

The Residence Inn is very nice. We have stayed there twice. It is only a few years old, very clean and has a free hot breakfast. The front desk staff has always been very helpful.

The rooms a big with full size refrigerators, microwave, cooktop and table and chairs.

We have never left a car there since we fly down and always have a rental car. We haven't used there shuttle either since we use the rental shuttle.

We would stay there again if we cruise out of Port Canaveral again.

Thanks Radio for this live review. It is great to relive the cruise through your eyes, and your pictures are awesome.

We were on this cruise and stayed at the Residence Inn. I wanted to chime in that this is a wonderful place to stay. It is extremely clean, the staff is wonderful, breakfast was great and plentiful, and it was an all around great experience.

We arrived Friday evening and enjoyed the pool, workout facilities etc. The price of this room was fantastic as we did park our car for the week to use the shuttle, and all six of us had a great breakfast each day.

The shuttle was very easy getting to the cruise. The driver was so sweet and helpful. I was surprised though that they only had one shuttle pick up. Be sure to sign up for it. It was a large van/bus with a trailer behind it for luggage.

Getting the shuttle back was a bit confusing for me, but my hubby and one son had left for the airport to fly home, and I was probably just a bit flustered. I just asked someone where I should be, happened to ask the right person, and he had us on a shuttle in no time. They also dropped us off right in front of our car....no lugging luggage through the building.

We stayed at the Radisson last year and loved it also. We did not use their shuttle since we had rented a car, but loved the hotel. The Residence Inn was better for us. Since we had a full kitchen, I went to Publix on Friday night and got plenty of food and snacks for the two days there. BTW, Publix has the best prepared food selection for travelers. It was so convenient.

The Loyalty Ambassador will send and Invitation to your Stateroom. They had it set up for Saturday at 930AM.

It is a one time event. There were several of the Officers, and Managers at the event.

Enjoy your Cruise ! :)

Radio

Thanks, Radio for the response and all of the great post last week.

Here are some pics from the Freedom Circus Parade they had on the last day at sea. . .

Radio

There was Circus Music, and lots of kids.

U14.jpg

There were jugglers and dancers there too

U16.jpg

Passengers suggested that this was the best parade yet !

U10.jpg