Waiting for Room Assignment

seamare

I have booked a guarantee room for the Volendam departing on August 19th. I'm wondering if I will be able to see the room number on the account on the Holland web site? It still states guarantee. I did not book through Holland. My TA said it will show up on the Holland site when a room has been assigned. Maybe I'm just being too anxious.

It will show up if you booked directly. It can still change after it shows up. Not sure if yours will show up since you used a TA.

The room can be assigned as late as your boarding so do not worry if you do not get a cabin number.

I wondered about that - I thought it might not show up if I didn't book directly. My TA is kind of a scatter brain at times (its a loooong story). I guess I will just have to wait for my "surprise" cabin.

Seamare: it will show up on your account whether you booked directly with HAL or through a TA. It is part of the information provided "For Booked Guests" once you have logged in. Patience is key - you will get an assignment, but it might not be until about 10 days or less before departure.

Smooth Sailing! :):):)

We did the same thing on the Ryndam and received our room assignment 73 hours prior to sailing. The ship left 5 PM on Friday and we knew our room assignment by 4 PM Tuesday. We were checking the online site every hour on Tuesday, anxious to know our room. We booked a Category HH (lowest, totally obstucted view) outside cabin and were assigned a Category E (unobstructed view) outside cabin. We booked about 6 months before sailing date and were not Mariner Club members at the time.

Bill

I am upset with Holland America. My husband and i are booked on the Sept. 16 sailing. We booked this cruise and a Princess cruise through a travel agent at the same time. We have a GTY balcony cabin, but I had read on our roll call that other cruisers on our ship had already had their cabin assignments show up on Hal's web site. I was also concerned about not receiving our cruise packets containing our luggage tags and boarding details since we will be cruising with Princess 17 days before boarding the Noordam. I could not access our booking data on line, so I contacted Hal by email. I was told that our booking information "belonged" to our TA, so we were blocked from seeing our own information on line and Hal also told me that they would be sending our cruise packets to our TA rather than to us. Our TA is in a large agency in Florida, and we live in California. We have experienced no such problem with Princess, who had accurate and complete booking information available on line and who has already sent our cruise packets directly to us. On top of it all, Hal is charging us $81.67 per day more than Princess for a lesser cabin. I think that I made a mistake booking Hal. Has anyone else run into similar problems? I don't appreciate this run around from them after spending top dollar to vacation on Hal.

When you booked, your TA should have given you the option of receiving paper documents or e-docs. Even though you will be receiving paper documents, you can still see your booking if you use the online check in. You just need your booking # which should be on the paperwork that your TA gave you. Go to "online check in" and enter the booking #...you should see your room # or it may say "Guar" until you get a room assignment. Perhaps the others on the roll call had specified a room when they booked. You should receive your room # no later than 7 - 10 days before your cruise. You can also call your travel agent to check to see if you have an assignment.

As far as the cost, you obviously would have known the price when you booked. I don't think HAL is doing anything wrong, and certainly isn't giving you the "run around".

I certainly hope you did NOT use the infamous Florida travel agency that we have heard about here on CC!

I could not access our booking data on line, so I contacted Hal by email. I was told that our booking information "belonged" to our TA, so we were blocked from seeing our own information on line and Hal also told me that they would be sending our cruise packets to our TA rather than to us.

Has anyone else run into similar problems? I don't appreciate this run around from them after spending top dollar to vacation on Hal.

It's not a run-around, it's SOP for HAL. Why don't you want to deal with your TA?

The peak time for assignments seems to be about 14 to 10 days before sailing. Most of ours have popped up between 7:00p and 8:00p Eastern, which is the end of the business day in WA. :)

Just got our assignment on Sunday evening for our Aug. 16th cruise! :)

Archived