$1.99 Floating Mats at Walgreens

If you like to bring your own mats for use on private islands or other beaches (or in your own pool if you're lucky enough to have one!), I would run to Walgreens. I stocked up today as they are on sale for $1.99. Now if I only had a cruise to go on! :)

Exactly what type of mat did you purchase? Is it a roll up mat for easy traveling or is it a "blow up" mat? Just curious cause we have a cruise booked for 9 at Christmas time & this would really save a few $. :)

great tip bluegirlum. i always pack one in my snorkle bag for my DW (who doesn't snorkle). when we're done with it, we just leave it on the ship. Also pack a nice supply of cheap rain ponchos from walmart for those not so sunny days at sea. They too get to stay on board after we leave.

You can get ponchos for $1 at the dollar store. Most of the time they are right by the front door.

You can also get swim stuff(mostly for kids) ther too.

I buy the small rings that kids use. They are small and fold up better between ports. When I leave i give them to someone on the beach to play with.

Enjoy the dollar store for so many things to take on the cruise.

WMM

Exactly what type of mat did you purchase? Is it a roll up mat for easy traveling or is it a "blow up" mat? Just curious cause we have a cruise booked for 9 at Christmas time & this would really save a few $. :)

It's a blowup mat. I went back and got another one.

I also go to the dollar store, but the last mat I got there was big enough for a 5 year old kid and not an adult!

Great tip, end of summer stuff in Atlanta too. I read on one thread about buying a beach ball so I can fun at the beach and not worry about someone else's equipment and toys. I'm going to Big Lots and the dollar store today!

I looked, most of the summer stuff already pulled at our walgreens. I went to walmart, was able to pick up a beach ball & some cute flamingo & fish plastic clippies for securing beach towels to a lounge chair.

Wish I could have picked up a blow up floating pool lounger or swim ring on sale. I looked at some online catelogs but looks like no bargains to be had.

Archived