Thomson Spirit - Harwich Port

Hi,

We are sailing out of Harwich on the Spirit in September, and i was just wondering after you have boarded the ship and done the check-in procedure are you aloud to get back off the boat or not?? As i have read there is a Morrisons very close and thinking might be idea to pop and get some drink for the cabin, but didn't know if you were aloud back off the ship.

When we sailed on the Spirit a few years ago from Palma, we could. So we popped to the supermarket that was just round the corner and got a few soft drinks and beer for in the cabin.

Thanks

Morrisons is not that close, either 2/3 or 1 mile depending on the route you take and I am not sure if the shorter route is open to pedestrians.

If you are travelling by car you could pop in on the way to the terminal? Or maybe wait until the ships duty free opens.

Hi

(our first cruise coming up)

My wife and I are also on a cruise leaving Harwich in September 4th. You are talking about taking drinks on board for your cabin?

Are we aloud to take any drinks on board i.e. 2 litre bottles of say Coke a cola and maybe a bottle of brandy or two? For the cabin? Maybe some beers as well.

Won't they be taken of you when you embark and you bags get scanned? I heard that you where not aloud to take any on board and that if you are found having any, they confiscate them and give it back to you when you disembark at the end of the cruise?

If anyone can enlighten me that would be great.

Cheers:)

No, Thomson allow you to take drinks (water, soft and alcoholic) on board with no restrictions. Also you can take anything bought from the duty free on board - it's not stored (for your convenience - ha!) until you disembark. Obviously, I imagine they assume drinks would be for consumption in your cabin - but it's not the Draconian rules you hear of on some cruise lines. Perhaps another reason Thomson attract a loyal following!

Hoping to take some wine and beer for in the cabin and also some bottles of water for days out. Was thinking of heading back to Morrisons after boarding as i don't think we will have enough hands to carry everything.

We had no problems last time we cruised with Thomson, got some beer from local supermarket in Palma and took back on the ship.

Archived