Egg Whites / Egg Beaters for Breakfast?

Absolutely! In the WJ, there is an omelet station where they will make you an omelet with whatever filling you want. They have eggbeaters or egg whites if you prefer those. They will also make you eggs to order too. MDR also has eggbeaters and egg whites too so you will be all set.:)

Wow this is great! I didn't know they could do this. Do you know if they will cook the egg whites in a non-fat spray or oil???? I have recently been put on a very low saturated fat diet so I make my own egg white omelet everyday, but it's hard when I travel to find an establishment that will not only do egg whites, but not cook it in something extremely high in saturated fat.

Kerrie:)

Wow this is great! I didn't know they could do this. Do you know if they will cook the egg whites in a non-fat spray or oil???? I have recently been put on a very low saturated fat diet so I make my own egg white omelet everyday, but it's hard when I travel to find an establishment that will not only do egg whites, but not cook it in something extremely high in saturated fat.

Sure they will, just ask for them to be cooked without any butter or oil.

Sure they will, just ask for them to be cooked without any butter or oil.

This is great. I don't remember seeing omelet stations on my last RCI cruise (but then I wasn't looking :D), does the WJ have an omelet station on all ships or only specific classes of ships?

This is great. I don't remember seeing omelet stations on my last RCI cruise (but then I wasn't looking :D), does the WJ have an omelet station on all ships or only specific classes of ships?

I haven't sailed every class of ship but the ones that I have, definitely have an omelet station. From your signature, I see you are on the Mariner next. There is definitely an omelet station in the center back. The 2 times we sailed the Mariner, they had you order and they gave you a number which they called when your omelet was ready. We just go get whatever else we want and they are usually calling our number when we come back. It is much quicker than the dining room.

yes they will use spray instead of the oil. They even wash the pan before they spray it.

I haven't sailed every class of ship but the ones that I have, definitely have an omelet station. From your signature, I see you are on the Mariner next. There is definitely an omelet station in the center back. The 2 times we sailed the Mariner, they had you order and they gave you a number which they called when your omelet was ready. We just go get whatever else we want and they are usually calling our number when we come back. It is much quicker than the dining room.

I'm so glad Minniemom2009 started this thread--I hadn't even thought to ask. I think I'll make sure that I visit both the WJ and the MDR when on the Mariner.

My husband had to recently start eating much healthier last November (due to health reasons) and we found a lot of healthy alternatives this last time on our cruise. The egg white omlette works great, but as another poster recommended, you will save a lot of headache and time if you just order it in the dining room. Also, during dinner in the dining room we would ask for an extra serving of whatever green vegetable they had on hand each evening (served w/out butter). We ate so much broccoli that week, I can't begin to tell you how bloated we got. We love broccoli and it just tasted better on the ship then when I make it at home. There are also vitality symbols on the menu to indicate healthier options. In my opinion, some of those don't seem like the healthier alternative to other things, but that's just my thoughts. Have a great cruise!

Archived