Oceania Perks

cruiseonly

I understand that Celebrity Cruises owns Oceania.

If I am an elite member with Celebrity, and Diamond with RCCL, do I get any perks from Oceania.

Your understanding is wrong. Celebrity does not own Oceania. Perhaps you are thinking of Azamara.

I am an elite member with Celebrity, and Diamond with RCCL, do I get any perks from Oceania.

Why yes, Oceania has an extensive.......er.......program for loyal Celebrity and Royal Caribbean guests~

ben-hur_galley-slave1.jpgwalk-the-plank.jpg

Even more distressing, your chances for thirdsies in the Specialty Restaurants will be NIL!

22317498v12_350x350_Front.jpg

;) Kidding!

I'm sure that Oceania will be big about your having sailed elsewhere first. We came over from Holland America in '05. Strange, it seems a lifetime ago.

We were treated beautifully from day one of our first cruise. Oceania was such a step up that we never even missed our HAL repeater (Mariner Club) benefits.

We just completed a cruise on Azamara and will be going above the Arctic Circle with Oceania in July 2010.

I was surprised to realize that some "perks" that everyone gets on Azamara are limited to top cabins on Oceania-hot breakfast in roomservice, access to the top deck front viewing area, refrigerator in cabin.

Ok. So I'll get free soft drinks. Coke or Pepsi products?

Any other surprises?

We just completed a cruise on Azamara and will be going above the Arctic Circle with Oceania in July 2010.

I was surprised to realize that some "perks" that everyone gets on Azamara are limited to top cabins on Oceania-hot breakfast in roomservice, access to the top deck front viewing area, refrigerator in cabin.

Ok. So I'll get free soft drinks. Coke or Pepsi products?

Any other surprises?

Well, be glad that you'll have complimentary soft drinks and bottled water in July (we'll be on your cruise too!!!). We're also sailing earlier in 2010 and will be charged....magic date for policy change is sometime after the repositioning cruises.

We're also sailing earlier in 2010 and will be charged....magic date for policy change is sometime after the repositioning cruises.

I guess they figured the $500 OBC & pre paid gratuities would be a perk for the earlier cruises.;)

Lyn

To Azam7109.......What did you think of the Azamara cruise? I am seriously considering a Caribbean cruise with them since they are so much less than Oceania. I love Oceania and Regent, but both have become quite expensive. So, would like to know how you compare the two cruise lines. Any input from others who have sailed both would be appreciated.

AdvenLee - We sailed on Azamara Journey in November 2007 (they were still rather new). The ship was beautiful ... the service (for the most part) was excellent. They were ironing out the new cruise line 'bugs'. It was their first re-positioning cruise from FLL to Sao Paulo. In the dining room we were particularly lucky in that we had a table (for six) that was served by a waiter and TWO assistants PLUS a senior waiter brought over from Celebrity to 'train' the staff. Yes, they made a few minor mistakes (such as putting out the wrong piece of silver) ... but their "teacher" promptly jumped in and corrected the mistakes.

One issue on this cruise that should be attributed to corporate office was that several crew members did not have the proper visas / paperwork to enter Brazil. Therefore they were scrambling to get everything in order and a few had to be put off before we got there. Some were replaced by crews brought in from Celebrity and in some instances there was a shortage of help. But I'm sure that is no longer a problem.

Our stateroom attendant was excellent ... we seldom saw him, but if we needed anything he was quick to take care of it. Our room was 'magically' serviced almost as soon as we left. One day we went up to breakfast and needed to go down and retrieve the daily schedule ... we had been out of the room less than 20 minutes ... and our stateroom was back in perfect order.

Entertainment was good to excellent ... naturally no big production shows with a cast of 16 and a band. But they were all entertaining.

I wouldn't hesitate for a moment in booking on Azamara ... as soon as we find an itinerary that we'd be interested in and at a price that we'd consider to be fair.

Anyone know of any additional perks Oceania will offer for 2010? Regent has gone above and beyond with excursions included. Add those prices up. Even if they add just wine with dinner and comp water and soft drinks would be nice. If they threw in the perks Regent is offering; every ship would sail full. Also wondering if the Penthouse suites offer free internet service. Anyone know? I would rather have those perks than a butler. Another great thing is that tipping is included in 2010. Another big savings.

Anyone know of any additional perks Oceania will offer for 2010? Regent has gone above and beyond with excursions included. Add those prices up. Even if they add just wine with dinner and comp water and soft drinks would be nice. If they threw in the perks Regent is offering; every ship would sail full. Also wondering if the Penthouse suites offer free internet service. Anyone know? I would rather have those perks than a butler. Another great thing is that tipping is included in 2010. Another big savings.

If they threw in the perks Regent is offering the prices would have to rise in order for them to make money.:D

Water and soft drinks are included starting after the spring TA's

before that you get a good OBC & pre paid gratuities for most sailings.

Not all 2010 offer free gratuities ..unless it is a perk from your agent

Lyn

Archived