Gluten Free Help?

Miss Tracey Lacey

My hubby hasn't been in the greatest of health lately he has flare ups with certain foods, and is going to try going gluten free.

I know Princess offers Gluten free meals. Does anyone know how these work? Will he just get one choice or a few at dinner?

What kinds of choices are there?

Thanks! Any info is appreciated!

My hubby hasn't been in the greatest of health lately he has flare ups with certain foods, and is going to try going gluten free.

I know Princess offers Gluten free meals. Does anyone know how these work? Will he just get one choice or a few at dinner?

What kinds of choices are there?

Thanks! Any info is appreciated!

The following is directly from the Princess website:

Special Diets -- More specific dietary needs can be accommodated upon request. This includes Kosher meals, as well as selections for passengers following vegan, salt-free, low MSG or sulfites, dairy-free, or gluten-free diets. All are available if pre-arranged in advance of the sailing.

I suggest that you call them.... 1-800-PRINCESS

Be sure to post the gluten free on your cruise personalizer. The dining room staff (Asst. Maitre'd or Maitre'd) will show you the next night's menu, discuss your options and arrange for your husband's meal for the next night. You can also ask about options in the Horizon Court as well. They are very good about dealing with allergies.

Be sure to post the gluten free on your cruise personalizer. The dining room staff (Asst. Maitre'd or Maitre'd) will show you the next night's menu, discuss your options and arrange for your husband's meal for the next night. You can also ask about options in the Horizon Court as well. They are very good about dealing with allergies.

Be sure to speak to the headwaiter of Maitre d' before you order the first evening.

Even though you notify Princess in advance, word may not have made it to them. Also, if you are in anytime, there is no way they would know when you would be there or where you would be seated.

Although your waiter should be made aware of your need, it is only the headwaiter and Maitre d' that can work with you to ensure your needs are met.

Gluten Free seems to be a very popular American food issue.

For any cruise on a large ship today, about 500 passengers will be gluten free.

The staff are very well versed on the drill. You should have a minimum of difficulty.

While on the Coral a couple of weeks ago 1 of our dining mates did need to order gluten free food. Every evening the Asst. Maitre d' came and brought out a menu for her to select from. Her food looked very good and we were told it was very tasty. Upon her request he even brought her her own bread, and chocolate chip cookies for dessert on evening. Your husband should have no problem at all.

You need to fax Princess ahead of time. Then they will email you that they have received your request and have purchased special gluten free products for DH. (We just did for my DH :-). Fax is : (for US)

661-284-4770. I had our TA fax them and I faxed them also, maybe a little overkill, but if DH gets sick, no more fun.

Archived