Helsinki question

We will be arriving on the Jewel on a saturday, Aug 22, I guess, at West Harbor.

If we want to do the 3B/3T tram, where do we catch it??> Is there a stop by the pier, or do we have to take a bus into town to catch it??

I should have paid more attention before, but is there a difference between the 3B and 3T or is it basically the same??

If we buy the tourist ticket, is that good for the tram also?? and where or when can we buy it?? Cash, CC???

We will be arriving on the Jewel on a saturday, Aug 22, I guess, at West Harbor.

If we want to do the 3B/3T tram, where do we catch it??> Is there a stop by the pier, or do we have to take a bus into town to catch it??

I should have paid more attention before, but is there a difference between the 3B and 3T or is it basically the same??

If we buy the tourist ticket, is that good for the tram also?? and where or when can we buy it?? Cash, CC???

The way we caught it was to take the bus transfers offered from the pier (they were run by the city and a round trip cost us 8€ per person). The bus lets you off right across the street from the tram stop for the 3T/B tram. Buy a tram ticket in the machines and enjoy the trip. If you have a special stop that you want to get off at, either print out the tour before you go or ask the driver to let you know. The people there were very friendly.

Once you get back, you can walk to the right and go down to the shopping area, pedestrian park, old harbour (with the market) the cathedral or the Russian church.

We enjoyed our day in Helsinki...hope you do too!

Yes, it should be quay LHC.

http://www.helsinginsatama.fi/content/pdf/matkustajaliikenne/risteilykartta.jpg

1) 3T/3B does not go to Western Harbour.

Take bus 14B or 16. Read my old post while checking a map.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=14037023&highlight=#post14037023

2) It's the same trams changing numbers twice during their route.as they use the same track section twice in front of railway station and have to show if they turn north or south from there.

3) Yes, one day ticket works on subway, local buses, trams and ferry to the castle.

4) From driver - cash - Euro.

Following the threads, but unable to determine what we should do in Helsinki. The two museums seem small and uninteresting. Any other suggestions?

We took a walk around town, then a boat trip to the fortress and finally a trip to the rock church. Here are some pictures and the route we took. http://www.*****.com/Finland.html

If you should visit the fortress, don't bother with the guided tour. At least in our case the guide was not worth the time we spent. They provide a good map so you can explore on your own.

Don't expect Helsinki to be like St. Petersburg. It is interesting but not a great city.

Wally,

Is this the stop for the Shuttle mentioned by Dave or the public bus (14B or 16) mentioned by Ultima Thule?

Thanks,

Lines 14B and 16 of the city bus. The ship's shuttle service buses generally pull up right by the ship. In the picture you can see buses for the Shorex tours lined up at the end of Hemematalankatu.

Archived