Guarantee Cabins Success stories

We also have a GTY balcony for our November Miracle cruise. I will let you know how it comes out.

On Elation, we had a guarantee inside, and ended up with a window cabin. On Valor, we had a guarantee inside and ended up with a great inside cabin on the Lido deck!

Go ahead and roll the dice. You may get lucky on a cruise. You may even get an upgrade :cool:.

A couple of cruises back, we booked a BL on the Triumph. I played the game, and got lower rate, OBC. My third attempt to get more off, I was offered an aft cabin, and took it. It wound up to be one of the two next to the 9A's on Veranda deck, deeper, and wider!

Hope you do as well!;)

Our first cruise we booked a gty OV, got to the port and we had a balcony on deck 8. Next we did a gty IS and got an OV on deck 7 across the front of the ship, you had to kneel on the bed to see out the window but there was a door at the end of the hallway and we could go out on the deck.

I like having a couch in my cabin, hate having only the bed to sit on, so now we pick the cabin and I make them check to be sure there is a couch in the room. We got an aft balcony without a couch on the Conquest, and I was not pleased.

We've booked gty and on 2 out of 3 and we were upgraded. First was an OV GTY to a catagory 11 and the other was an OV GTY and we ended up with a 7A.

As long as you will be happy in the least desirable cabin in the GTY catagory that you book you will be fine.

Good luck! :D

We booked a guarantee once. A balcony guarantee - got a balcony just below the spa. A few doors down the hall and I would have been under a busy area of the lido deck:eek:.

I book specific cabins now. I know what I like and book it!

I will be on my second sailing doing a guarantee room. The fist time I booked 3 weeks out for OV guarantee and got a room on the aft, absolutely loved it. As of right now, we booked an IS guarantee and have a 4D room. I see there are lots of rooms left and we sail in 42 days, so hoping they move us again. But if not we are very pleased with where we are, Deck 6 smack dab in the middle of the ship.

We have done several cruises booking "guaranteed ocean view." The results have been a mixed bag. Among the worst assignments were a stateroom on Riviera Deck far forward (the ocean view was actually a couple of portholes...and with the curvature of the ship that far forward, the portholes were practically in "tunnels" in the wall! *L*), and the worst was the very last stateroom on Riviera Deck aft....some sort of noise at the aft of the ship that went on 24/7.

Others have been nicer!

On my best guarantee experience I moved from an 8A guarantee to a suite! On the worst, well, I think i was bumped up one category...still a balcony, but in a less desirable location, in my opinion...lots of hallway traffic, so a lot of noise early and late. YMMV.

I tend to book what I want now. :)

I'm not expecting a suite but am hoping for a decent balcony.

84 more days and I'll know for sure :rolleyes:

On my best guarantee experience I moved from an 8A guarantee to a suite! On the worst, well, I think i was bumped up one category...still a balcony, but in a less desirable location, in my opinion...lots of hallway traffic, so a lot of noise early and late. YMMV.

I tend to book what I want now. :)

My DH and I have used GTY for every cruise but one. To date, we have never had a bad room. We even got the AFT cabin on 2 cruises...(let me just say FANTASTIC!!) I know we are rolling the dice but as long as you are willing to take a chance, I'd say GO FOR IT! :D

We have been very lucky with guarantee assignments. We usually book a balcony, on our first cruise we were upgraded to a suite!! The last tme we were on the Trumph we got an aft cabin with a wrap around balcony...our favourite cabin to date! We always go with a guarantee since we're not too fussy we are never disappointed but sometmes we hit the jackpot :D

WOW.... You did Fantastic with your guarantee's....

How long ago was this and was it a particular month you sail on both of these?

We're going nov.1st.

We have been very lucky with guarantee assignments. We usually book a balcony, on our first cruise we were upgraded to a suite!! The last tme we were on the Trumph we got an aft cabin with a wrap around balcony...our favourite cabin to date! We always go with a guarantee since we're not too fussy we are never disappointed but sometmes we hit the jackpot :D

We do not book well in advance most of the time. When we do decide to cruise we first look for aft balconies. They are usually gone so then we opt for a BL GTY. Have been doing this since the Destiny was built. Never got upgraded out of cat.8 but always had a perfectly good cabin in the 8C or D or E cat.

We booked a balcony guarantee and got the 8F. The problem is that we had the buffet above us and we heard the chairs every morning. That is the risk you take when you take a guarantee. Wasn't horrible, but it woke us every morning. I usually pick my cabins but sometimes the guarantee price is to good to pass up.

We are now sailing in 18 days and we have a balcony and an inside. I picked our balcony cabin, but the inside I took a guarantee. We are still waiting for an assignment. I think we will not get one until we get to the pier. The ship is full...no more quads or triples left, so our cabin has already been assigned...just not given to us.

I will report back in a few weeks. Although I do not think anything grand will come out of a summer month cruise or a triple cabin.

While we usually get a little more than we paid for with GTY cabins, our upcoming Inspiration cruise we booked an OV and got one on the lowest deck - at least it is midship.

You beat me, I got the bottom deck, the very last aft cabin, all the way in the back. This was on Triumph, cabin 2478?? cant remember, but its a OV and larger than a Inside, so we will still enjoy having it, just wish it wasnt the very last cabin in the aft with all the vibration.

Cant believe it. lol

Not sure this is a success story, but we got upgraded for a price drop that our TA wouldnt give us to a Empress deck 4E HC cabin. We loved that location and getting a HC. We havent yet asked for HC, but its coming one day.

Has anyone originally been assigned a room, then been moved to an upgrade right before sailing? We currently have a 4D, and didn't know what the chances were of being moved.

Upgrades from GTY cabins do happen. Nowhere NEAR as often as this board would have you think. But they do happen. Upgrades once a room is assigned do happen too. But are VERY RARE! Assume you will be in that 4D.

Upgrades from GTY cabins do happen. Nowhere NEAR as often as this board would have you think. But they do happen. Upgrades once a room is assigned do happen too. But are VERY RARE! Assume you will be in that 4D.

Well the thread asked for only the good stories, didnt ask for those who didnt get upgraded or who were not happy lol, yep, those are the majority, these are the good exceptions.

Archived