Liberty OTS - Cabin 9366 - Ring Found

Hi Everyone,

In the slim chance that those who cruised in our cabin before us reads these boards........

On the last night of our cruise last week I checked the safe one last time to make sure nothing was left behind and low and behold, there was a gold, plain band, wedding ring. It has a name and date in it. I went to the purser's desk to inquire if there was a list of lost items they could check, which they did and said it was not reported missing, but they would send it to RCI headquarters. Now, knowing they they are USELESS, we decided to bring it home and try to locate the owner first. If we have no luck I will mail it to RCI.

If you were in this cabin in the past few weeks and are missing a ring, please respond to this thread.

Our cruise was fun and I will post my review tomorrow. Losts of washing, food shopping, etc., today!

If you have any questions, I am happy to try to answer them.

ts, the people who use cruise critic are very minimal compared to those who cruise. I would try to get it to Royal Caribbean and tell them to notify the ship Purser's Office just in case someone is looking for it.

You probably won't get an answer on here. Try to get RCI to help you locate the owner.

I will forward to RCI , but only after I try to locate the name via the internet. They were useless when I lost my glasses, so I doubt they would try to locate the owner. They already told me that it had not been reported missing. Thank you for your thoughts.

Have you tried calling RCCL and asking who was in that cabin the sailing or two before you since you have a name. I would call Crown and Anchor and explain the situation, they most likely will NOT give you their contact info but someone there could call them and give them YOUR contact info.

I'm sorry you lost something Ships R Great. It was actually on these boards that I learned of the ledge inside the safe, and to always check. It was in there so well we didn't even know it was there until we were leaving! I will search for the owner as hard as I can before I send it to RCI! I would be heart broken if I lost my wedding ring.

Have you tried calling RCCL and asking who was in that cabin the sailing or two before you since you have a name. I would call Crown and Anchor and explain the situation, they most likely will NOT give you their contact info but someone there could call them and give them YOUR contact info.

That sounds like a great idea!

turquoisesea: good luck in your mission! :)

Great idea! I didn't think of Crown and Anchor! I will call them tomorrow.

turquoisesea, I think you doing the absolute right thing here and I can tell your intentions are nothing but trying to find the rightful owner of that ring.

About 5 years ago I went on an RC cruise with my mother and father, and my father had not even lost , but LEFT a silver dollar in the room after we had disembarked. We realized it before leaving the pier and were able to contact the purser and you could tell just by the sound of his voice that he didn't really care to find it - said he would look and someone would contact us later.

This was a 1905 silver dollar, and the monetary value wasn't much, but the sentimental value for was very high for our family as it was passed down from my great grandfather to my grandfather, then to my father and planned to pass to me, each generation carried it in their pocket as remembrance of the past generations.

I explained this to them but it didn't seem to matter and no one seemed to care, so frustrating. We even knew right where we left it on the vanity. Never heard from anyone and i almost doubt if they even made an effort.

Good luck in your search for the rightful owner and I would say just request RC to give the previous cruiser in that cabin your contact information and have them contact you. If you give it back to RC who knows where it will end up...

Keep us posted!

My daughter left her class ring in our room and RCCL called us the week after the cruise because the next occupants of the room turned it in to the purser's desk. I paid the shipping and was impressed with the service received from RCCL in contacting us and shipping the ring.

We got this number 1-800-256-6649 on Radiance this past April for RCI Customer Service that handles

• Cruise Issues
  • Amenities Inquiries
  • SeaPass Account Inquiries
  • Guest Claims for Medical/personal injury, Personal Property, Lost & Found
  • Pre-Post Guest Operations
  • Lost Luggage Notification & Tracking

It might be worth a shot in case someone has reported it missing.

Thank you, everyone, for all your suggestions. I was able to contact Crown and Anchor and they can check the manafests for the past 3 years! With the cabin number they feel they will be able to find the owners! I look forward to returning this special ring to the rightful owner!

Wonder why they took the ring off? Maybe they MEANT to "lose" it!

Now that was not nice....:(

I never wear my jewelry during the day or while in ports....I take all my jewelry off and put it in the safe. Ya know "Safe Keeping"

2 Thumbs up to the OP for doing the right thing....:) Please come back and let us know if C & A was able to find the owner.

Hi Everyone,

In the slim chance that those who cruised in our cabin before us reads these boards........

On the last night of our cruise last week I checked the safe one last time to make sure nothing was left behind and low and behold, there was a gold, plain band, wedding ring. It has a name and date in it. I went to the purser's desk to inquire if there was a list of lost items they could check, which they did and said it was not reported missing, but they would send it to RCI headquarters. Now, knowing they they are USELESS, we decided to bring it home and try to locate the owner first. If we have no luck I will mail it to RCI.

If you were in this cabin in the past few weeks and are missing a ring, please respond to this thread.

Our cruise was fun and I will post my review tomorrow. Losts of washing, food shopping, etc., today!

If you have any questions, I am happy to try to answer them.

A couple of years ago I was on the Explorer of the Seas (Sailing 10/26 to 11/4 - Hurricane Noel was ahead of us:eek:) and on the day of debarkation I noticed something on the railing two cabins down from mine. I thought it was a wallet so I picked it up to see if it had any identification in it. Low and behold it was a diabetes monitor (I think that's what you call it). Well, knowing how important this is to the owner, I took it to the Purser's desk and told them what I had found. To this day, I still hope that the owner realized that it was missing before he/she got off the ship and checked with the purser. I could not imagine losing something that important. May you all have calm seas and a warm breeze on your cruises:)

Hi everyone,

Great news!! Today while I was sitting in a doctor's office my cell phone rang! :eek: (Yes, there were signs that said "No cell phones.";)) It was the service rep. from Crown and Anchor calling me. She had found the ring's owner!!!! She was as excited as I was. She agreed that we did the right thing and she has put in a call to the owners. She promised to call me back with their reaction as soon as they contact her. I am to send the ring to her at Crown and Anchor and she will forward it to the owner.

For those of you with inquiring minds, it was a very heavy gold man's ring - one that I doubt someone would want to wear while doing certain excursion activities.

The lesson here is to watch out for the shelf at the front of the safe!!! You really have to check carefully to make sure nothing gets stuck under there.

I'll let you know when I hear back from C & A.

And...thank you again to runmomrun for suggesting I contact C & A.

Archived