Margaritaville

Jacob0525

I would advise taking a cab. Shoud be around 5 dollars each way.

It probably at 3-4 mile walk from the pier that you are docking at.

It is closer to the other pier and their are alot of shops in the area.

Not sure what you have planned for an excursion, but might be able to hit it on the way back.

hi. we were just at Margaritaville in Cozumel last month. the taxi ride was $6.00 .... they said it was a 3.5 mile trip, but it didn't seem that long. oh, well, it was a fun taxi ride and in that heat/humidity, it was worth the $6.00.

have fun!

is it close to the pier the fantasy is at.

Not anymore. M'villes (if you really deem it necessary to subsidize Jimmy's retirement), is a bit South of, and across the street from Punta Langosta mall.

The "Fantasy" docs at Puerta Maya (Carnival owned pier). Next to nothing docks at the Punta Langosta pier because the owners jacked the docking fees soooo high.

Do yourself a favor and ask the taxi driver to take you to "el Zocalo", and you will find many a more local establishments to which to give your money, and you will have MUCH better food and drinks, without question. ;)

Why so bitter Scooter? I love collecting Tee Shirts from the different Margaritavilles. And the food and drinks are good. Thanks everyone for the directions. I thought we could walk so I'm glad someone told me better. DH would kill me if I dragged him off for a 3 mile hike in Mexico :D

Why so bitter Scooter? I love collecting Tee Shirts from the different Margaritavilles. And the food and drinks are good. Thanks everyone for the directions. I thought we could walk so I'm glad someone told me better. DH would kill me if I dragged him off for a 3 mile hike in Mexico :D

Not bitter at all. ;) Everyone likes what they like, and I was expressing an opinion that there is much better to be had. Simply my take on the island, and I have no problem with others doing as they please. My Sister in Law likes to collect Ron Jon key chains from the different places, so that is what we do, is help her with her collection. T-shirt collecting is cool with me! Thanks, Jim, for setting me straight on the ownership. Must be a franchise arrangement with Jimmy.

We were in Cozumel about a month ago, so I have a good idea how downtown in laid out. What I am struggling with is where the Triumph will port. Based on what you guys are saying - we will be on the far left hand side of the pier (if looking at Cozumel). Will we be close enough to shopping to just shop and then hop right back on the boat? I know there are shops all down the pier, but they seem to get a little scarcer towards the left.

• 3 weeks later...

jennlynn - Triumph will most like dock at Puerta Maya. There are some shops at the end of the pier. Better shopping is in town and is a taxi ride away -- approx 2 miles.

trvlqueen -- Margaritaville has a beach -- man made. You go down a ladder to get in the water. Don't remember seeing a pool, but were just buying souvenirs.

Archived