Shoes...

2preschoolers

Just wondering what type of shoes you find most comfortable and not too ugly to wear on the ship? It seems like it's going to be a lot of walking - I normally live in Sandals all summer long but for being on my feet good chuncks of the day, I'm wondering if my feet will ache in sandals. So what types of shoes have you found to be comfortable but still nice looking? I prefer NOT wearing sneakers - they make my feet too hot!

Thanks!!

I wear sandals both on and off the ship. I usually have sneakers with me but usually don't wear them unless I'm doing the "On deck for the cure" walk.

I also take water shoes since some of the beachs can be rocky.

I wear my Teva's most of the time. We just discussed the other day that I always pack my sneakers and never use them! I have teva water shoes that I use for excursions, one pair of shoes for dressy nights and one pair of dress sandals for the rest of the week.

Unless I'm hiking in the wilds, I wear my flip-flops 90% of the time. I walk around in them all day long at home....on vacation isn't much different!

I NEVER pack sneakers---hot weather and socks just don't mix, for me!

In the old days, I lived in sandals and flip flops and had no issues. Now that I'm older, and falling apart, I need more support than I can get from that type of footwear. Even the better brands like Merrell don't get it done for me anymore so...................... now I wear Crocs!

Amazingly, I can walk in my Crocs all day long with no backache. I'm not sure why but I'm not questioning it. They do the job bettern than any other shoe/sneaker I've tried.

Flip Flops and Crocs (or better yet, Crocs flip-flops). If you're afraid that Crocs will look ugly, then check out their web site. There are dozens of models, and only a few are the clogs type with holes. All their shoes are comfortable.

I wear Tevas most of the time, bring along athletic shoes for the gym and leather sandals for every dinner. I only bring one checked suitcase and one airline carryon rolling bag with my essentials (bathroom kit, medicine, etc).

I love my SAS sandals - used them for trips to Disneyworld when the kids were little, and always take them when we cruise. I don't know what they use for the soles, but I've never gotten tired or sore feet when I wear them!

Life's too short to wear uncomfortable shoes - so I don't own any. Most of my sandals are Merrills, Clarks, Rockports, Privos, Aerosoles, Borns, Ariats, etc. None of these really require any break-in either.

For wearing around the ship, it really depends on what you're doing. If you're at the pool, flip flops or shoes that can get wet without being ruined would be important.

I have to chime in here, as I have a foot problem (ball of foot) that can cause tendonitis on top. I was at a friends house last weekend and tried on a pair of her Crocs Sandals. (i KNOW Crocs are comfy but the clog looks, well.... cloggy.) ;-)

Anyways, I ended up wearing her sandlas by mistake, ALL DAY at an event that I was working at. I was on my feet all day and did a lot of walking back and forth over uneven ground. My feet did GREAT! I KNEW these are what I needed fro Europe! I have Teva's that I have used in the past but, they look so darn stupid (IMO) with my shirts. These Crocs sandals would look so much better as well as more comfortable.

I called her and got the size and style and went onto the Crocs website and ordered the same pair, only in ALL BLACK. The model was Athens. It has a little Ridge at the base of your toes that makes all the difference in the world! These will be my Day-Time walking shoes.

Now, for the long flight. I wear Teva's with support (hose) stockings On the Plane. I get the support my legs need and my feet are comfortable and my toes can wiggle and breath. When I get to my distination, I 'peel' the stockings off and continue with comfortable feet as I make my way from gate to Customs etc.

No sneakers for me. And I bring a dressier shoe for foemal night. :-)

AirWalks (like crocs) discovered those few years back and i live in them year round...my feet swell on the cruises and i need something that i know i can always get my foot into and walk for long periods at a time...and they do the trick!

I wear Tevas most of the time, bring along athletic shoes for the gym and leather sandals for every dinner. I only bring one checked suitcase and one airline carryon rolling bag with my essentials (bathroom kit, medicine, etc).

OK, tell us more... about packing. That's my PLAN but I wonder if I can really do it without going over weight restrictions.?

I only take one pair of shoes, usually a pair of black New Balance sneakers with velcro closures. Easy to take off at the airport, looks good enough for the dining room (I don't do "formal"), and comfortable with enough support for shore excursions. I'll also pack a pair of flip-flops, or if space allows, Crocs.

The new Crocs are really cute and some are even dressy enough for evening wear and ALL of them are light and give good support. I read a book by a podiatrist who recommended Crocs and that's when I bought my first pair. I now own 6 pair and will buy more when they go on sale - hopefully before they go out of business (rumored). Crocs help me be one of those who can pack for a week in 2 carry-ons.

Archived