Lowest grade cabins on C deck.

terrierjohn

Just booked a cruise on Ventura and was amazed to find I could get a C deck cabin in the lowest (JG) category.

Granted they are either well forward or a long way aft, but all of C deck with the large balconies are priced in the highest two categories on the Princess equivalent ships.

It surprised me but I can only assume that P&O cruisers consider midship locations or higher decks as the premium choice. :confused: I shall think about them squeezed onto their mini balconies as I relax and stretch out on my lounger.:cool:

Just booked a cruise on Ventura and was amazed to find I could get a C deck cabin in the lowest (JG) category.

Granted they are either well forward or a long way aft, but all of C deck with the large balconies are priced in the highest two categories on the Princess equivalent ships.

It surprised me but I can only assume that P&O cruisers consider midship locations or higher decks as the premium choice. :confused: I shall think about them squeezed onto their mini balconies as I relax and stretch out on my lounger.:cool:

Yes very strange cabin grading on Ventura, I note there is some re-grading for the 2010 to 2011 season.

We have booked a C deck port side midship cabin on Ruby Princess and it is graded JA (highest) yet the same cabin on Ventura is graded JD and will be JB grade next season. All very strange but those in the know can take advantage of this pricing anomaly:confused:

Maybe one of the traditional cruisers on here could explain the P&O cabin hierarchy?

Yes your right we have booked the October 2010 weekender on Azura to try the ship and said to our TA that we justed wanted the best value outside balcony and we are on C deck again massive balconies I believe

My parents have just returned from Norway on Ventura and also had a cabin on C deck and said the balcony was really big the onyl down side is everyone can look down on you as its completely exposed to the cabins above

Yes your right we have booked the October 2010 weekender on Azura to try the ship and said to our TA that we justed wanted the best value outside balcony and we are on C deck again massive balconies I believe

My parents have just returned from Norway on Ventura and also had a cabin on C deck and said the balcony was really big the onyl down side is everyone can look down on you as its completely exposed to the cabins above

The C deck cabins should be partly covered, you can only be seen from above when near the rail. The D deck cabins are the ones that are totally uncovered, and these are classed as superior de-luxe by P&O, or mini suites by Princess.

Can anyone on here explain why the cabin grades differ so much between Princess and P&O on what are essentially the same ships cabin layout wise?

P&O appear to have got it wrong first time as they are re grading many cabins tor the next season, if you go to http://www.pocruises.com/Ships/Ventura/Decks.axd

view the deck plans it defaults to ventura 09-10, if you select ventura 10-11 the revised cabin grades show.

The C deck cabins should be partly covered, you can only be seen from above when near the rail. The D deck cabins are the ones that are totally uncovered, and these are classed as superior de-luxe by P&O, or mini suites by Princess.

Very sorry my mistake have just reconfirmed with my Mother and they were actually in a de-lux cabin on D deck hence the being complete exposed and looked down on

Can anyone on here explain why the cabin grades differ so much between Princess and P&O on what are essentially the same ships cabin layout wise?

P&O appear to have got it wrong first time as they are re grading many cabins tor the next season, if you go to http://www.pocruises.com/Ships/Ventura/Decks.axd

view the deck plans it defaults to ventura 09-10, if you select ventura 10-11 the revised cabin grades show.

Even the new grades do not make much sense, on most decks there is a 2 grade jump from one category to the next as you move along the deck. This results in a large price hike between adjacent cabins.

They also grade outside unobstructed view non balcony cabins on E deck as JG, exactly the same grade as fore and aft balcony cabins on C deck. I can imagine some very disgruntled passengers when they realise this.

It also seems at variance with Arcadia where they have now re-classified the balcony cabins on E deck, which have the bigger balcony, as the top grade standard balconies. On my only P&O cruise so far I had one of these in the next to the lowest price tier.

They also grade outside unobstructed view non balcony cabins on E deck as JG, exactly the same grade as fore and aft balcony cabins on C deck. I can imagine some very disgruntled passengers when they realise this.

I think those are actually NA grade cabin. If you look at the plans there are a couple of genuine JG balcony cabins at the stern on E deck, and they are a very slightly different colour from the window cabins along the sides.

I think those are actually NA grade cabin. If you look at the plans there are a couple of genuine JG balcony cabins at the stern on E deck, and they are a very slightly different colour from the window cabins along the sides.

My mistake, I missed the 2 yellow stern balconies and thought the ocean view yellow ones were JG grade when they are actually LB grade.

However the rest of my comments are still valid and still no one has come up with a valid reason, or even an outlandish theory.

I was on A deck on Ventura, here is a photo from my Ventura album showing the view from A deck looking down on C and D deck balconies. Yes you are very exposed on D deck and can be viewed by all above :rolleyes:

http://picasaweb.google.com/AuroraPartyCruiseSueV/VenturaWeekenderSept08#5245865758321365202

and no sun loungers either ...

Just a quick point, you'll have to take your own lounger.

2 chairs and a tiny table on 'c' deck balconies last year.

Pete.

I was just going to say that!!....we were on last october and had two upright low back chairs and small table....I did hear that some had been replaced with reclining chairs.....Someone has suggested taking a cheap air bed to lie on as there is plenty of room!!

Archived