Taxi to Maho Beach

gismo1554

Hi

Could anyone tell me some information on Taxis and how to get to Maho beach?

1. How far is it time wise to get to the beach from the cruise terminal?
  2. How much does it cost in a taxi?
  3. Are the taxis easy to find?
  4. Are the taxis reliable?
  5. How easy is it to get back from Maho beach?
  6. What other ways would you recommend to get to Maho beach?

When you get off the ship and walk through the shopping area, there will be an area for taxis. They try to group you according to where you are going so as to keep the cost down. As far as Maho Beach, I can't help you. We went to Orient Beach. I can't remember the cost, but I don't recall it being too expensive. The more in your van, the cheaper it is. When we got to Orient, our whole group decided on a certain time and our cab driver was there waiting for us when we got back to the parking lot. Hope this helps a little.

When you get off the ship and walk through the shopping area, there will be an area for taxis. They try to group you according to where you are going so as to keep the cost down. As far as Maho Beach, I can't help you. We went to Orient Beach. I can't remember the cost, but I don't recall it being too expensive. The more in your van, the cheaper it is. When we got to Orient, our whole group decided on a certain time and our cab driver was there waiting for us when we got back to the parking lot. Hope this helps a little.

Thanks!

Maho is about 20 minutes away, depending on traffic (which can be nasty)

The cost is around $20

Taxi's are everywhere.

Yes they are, we normally set up a time for the driver to pick us up to go back to the ship.

That really is the only way to get there.

Also, Maho is fun, I love it, the wife not so much, I am a plane nerd :D, you may also want to look at mullet bay, it's the next bay over from Maho and is well, amazing, think Corona ad type place.

There is a stand there that sell's beer and food.

The cost is around $20

Taxi's are everywhere.

Yes they are, we normally set up a time for the driver to pick us up to go back to the ship.

Also, Maho is fun, I love it, the wife not so much, I am a plane nerd :D, you may also want to look at mullet bay, it's the next bay over from Maho and is well, amazing, think Corona ad type place.

Is Mullet Bay within walking distance of Maho Bay? Is there a bus that goes to Maho beach.

I am equally interested in reading the answers to your questions gizmo1554 as my husband and I are looking at going to Maho beach this coming January.

I would just like to add question: If our ship is leaving St Martin at 5 PM, what time should we leave Maho beach to back to the ship say 4 PM while taking into consideration possible heavy traffic?

Thanks

The price for a taxi from the Cruise Facility to Mullet Bay/Maho is set. For a party of two it is $18. After that it is $8 per person or less depending on the number of people in the taxi.

There is a discussion about using the local bus service here.

I can't imagine being able to make the trip in 20 minutes. I'd allow at least an hour for the return.

There is quite a discussion of walking between Mullet and Maho in this earlier discussion.

gary

The cost is around $20

Taxi's are everywhere.

Thanks. My other halves mad on planes so I'm sure he'll love it

The price for a taxi from the Cruise Facility to Mullet Bay/Maho is set. For a party of two it is $18. After that it is $8 per person or less depending on the number of people in the taxi.

There is a discussion about using the local bus service here.

I can't imagine being able to make the trip in 20 minutes. I'd allow at least an hour for the return.

There is quite a discussion of walking between Mullet and Maho in this earlier discussion.

gary

Thanks for this.

Archived