To Bungalow or not to Bungalow...Princess Cays

FunandSunPeeps

I booked the adult bungalow, it's just my husband and myself but I did open the invite on my roll call for November. I hope someone uses one before I go and lets me know how it is. I know it's alot of money.......those little sand fleas just love me, I will definately bring spray.......they dont care too much for my hubby.

I hope someone takes a picture of the adult bungalows

Dorene

On a upcoming cruise we are considering reserving a Bungalow on Princess Cays. Has any of our fellow cruise ethusiasts reserved a Bungalow on the island? Any pics? Is it worth it? Just wanted to get some feedback before making a final decision. Thanks!

My DW and I love to be pampered and have "our own space" but in all the times we have been on Princess Cays we have never needed to get a bungalow to find a great mostly private beach spot. We go to the left...quite a ways down, our friends go the right, quite a ways, and all of us get back together at the end of the day and have "one-upmanships" about who had the most private area for the day...however, if you have a little extra cash for this cruise, I say do it, and then let us all know what you think!...HAVE A BALL

Hey, TuxedoMan, if you are still here...

Which way should one go for the best shady palm trees... and the nicest sandy beach. (I know that the beach can be rough or rocky in spots.)

I think I have heard to go right for less crowds, but left (toward the cabana's) for the nicer sandy beach???

We rented a bunglow on our March 2009 Emerald cruise. Priority tender tickets were provided but there was little in the way of organization letting people with priority tender know that they could just go to the tenders and get ahead of the line (you actually had to push your way through crowds of people to get 'ahead' of the line). We were told a golf cart would be available at the dock to take us to the bungalow but there were no signs at the dock indicating where the cart would or should be and no one we asked seemed to know anything about golf carts for the bungalows so we walked rather than waste more time. A very nice waiter was assigned to our bungalow. He brought drinks only and informed us, in a nice way, that we would have to get our own food from the BBQ/buffet -he told us that the waiters are not allowed to bring food from the BBQ to guests anymore, as some may have in the past. Was it worth it? There were four of us so the cost of the bungalow wasn't a big deal. The air conditioned bungalow was a plus but not such as plus - we ate lunch in it and used it to change. Would we do it again? Probably not - if they delivered lunch we might but otherwise, no.

We took a 3-day Caribbean cruise last winter on NCL. I think that Princess can learn something from their Big Stirrup Cay operation. NCL does not use tenders. They use large passenger ferries that hold a few hundred people. They pull right up to the beach, the front drops down and you walk right off. This makes the whole transfer process quite fast. No gathering in the theater like on Princess waiting for your row to be called. The other thing that we really enjoyed was the little groves of palm trees that were scattered around the beach. They had picnic tables and a hammock and the trees provided a lot of shade. I hung out in the hammock and really felt that I was on a tropical isle.

They took out the hammocks on Princess Cays to put in the bungalows!!! :mad:

• 4 weeks later...

I have seen so much conflicting information on what is included with the bungalow rental I decided to call Princess to get some clarification. I asked what was included with the rental and the customer service rep read the description to me. I asked about priority tenders and she had no idea what I was talking about. I asked about having the buffet lunch brought to you and she said I could upgrade to the gourmet picnic. So I know nothing more than I did before. :confused: I am going to assume that nothing is included and be pleasantly surprised if it is! I am planning on getting the bungalow still because my DH and I are traveling with my parents and I am not sure how my dad will do in the sun all day.

Its really hard to get the facts isn't it? With all the rules changing so often, what we need is someone who has just returned from renting these bungalows. Whats best on the beach..left or right? Where are the rocks everyone talks about avoiding? How far is it to walk to the buffet if they don't deliver? How do you get a bungalow with shade? Im travelling with a friend who cannot walk very well and I thought this was the answer to having a beach day where he could get a golf cart ride. Now if we book it and there are no carts, how will he get there? If they don't deliver lunch how far is it for him or us to walk and get it? Is there anyone how has answers to all of my questions? (recent answers) It seems even Princess staff are confused. :confused:

• 3 years later...
I saw a family with 10 use the bungalow just fine. The adults (5) spent the better part of the afternoon at the bungalow while the teenagers spent almost the entire day at the beach or in the water. They all came together for lunch. Worked well for them as a touchdown space to leave their cloths, shoes, snorkles etc. People cam and went all day long. Don't know if its officially allowed but no one gave them a hard time.

why is it when we ask for color and names of princess cays we get a totally different answer? What are the colors? what are the names whick ones are for adult sancuary?

why is it when we ask for color and names of princess cays we get a totally different answer? What are the colors? what are the names whick ones are for adult sancuary?

You are never given a choice on which bungalow you get, but the adult ones are listed as"adult" and at a higher price with seating for only 4. The family bungalows have seating for 6.

We rented a standard bungalow on 19 November 2012. IMHO it is not worth the money. Though it was nice, never had anyone ask if we wanted drinks or anything from the lunch buffet (concerning the lunch available on-shore, on a scale of 1 to 10 rates maybe a 2). Or, for that matter, every has any staff member come by to see if everything was okay, or if we needed anything.

You get 4X priority tender tickets, but considering the most people have to wait for same is about 10 minutes you can be the judge of their value.

There was a booth about 50 feet away with staff that are there to support the bungalows, but I got the distinct impression we were imposing on their "beach time" when we asked for something (like directions to the nearest bar).

I've sailed with princess 4X times, and was not exactly wow'd with this last cruise.

Archived