New Platinum member

Hi I just become Platinum. How does the balcony discount work? Is it on all sailings and a set discount or does it differ for each sailing?

and what is the extra platinum/diamond party? is it like the welcome back party?

Thanks

Hi I just become Platinum. How does the balcony discount work? Is it on all sailings and a set discount or does it differ for each sailing?

and what is the extra platinum/diamond party? is it like the welcome back party?

Thanks

The discount applies to any cabin that has a balcony.

The amount is per cabin, not per person.

Only one person in the cabin has to be Platinum to get the discount.

The discount is based on the length of the cruise.

up to 5 nights - $50

6 to 9 nights - $100

10+ nights - $200

It is not combinable with any other "benefits", such as stockholder, C&A coupon, book-on-board, nextcruise, WOW sale, thank you coupon. It IS combinable with senior or resident or military or EMT rates.

Thanks

So really it isn't a big discount. You should be able to combine it. Or At least be able to combine two like a next cruise and the discount or a WOW discount and this.

What about the party? And is there anything else besides the robe and shorter boarding line (always a short line anyways).

Bethee,

Just an FYI, I am also a new Platinum member and we were able to combine the platinum balcony discount with a C&A coupon for our upcoming cruise in January.

Happy Sailing

Sandy

Was your cruise booked prior to Jan. 1,2009 or with a Next Cruise purchased prior to that? If so, that is why you were able to combine benefits...cruises booked without a NC after 1/1/09 only get to choose 1...

Can you review my booking

Booked Next cruise on ship Aug 2008.

Became Platinum with that cruise.

In July 09 Booked for 8/23/09 AOS sailing, was told i could use one of the following:

C and A coupon for $150 discount. (Which i took)

Platinum discount for $100 on balcony.

Or next cruise OBC for $100.

Do you think i should get OBC since i booked Next cruise thing prior to 1/1/09?

I realize the folks we speak to in the reservation dept are not infallible, am I getting cheated?

quote.gif multiquote_off.gif quickreply.gif

johnfromlongisland View Public Profile Find all posts by johnfromlongisland Add johnfromlongisland to Your Contacts

Hi John...........since you purchased your NC in 2008 and then turned it into a specific booking in 2009 you should be entitled to your Platinum Balcony Discount and the $100 OBC from the NC booking.

Unfortunately the C&A coupon for $150 off would not be eligible since they started putting restrictions on those last summer in regards to combining them with other benefits.

Call and speak to another rep. And make sure you tell them that the booking you made in July was from a NC that you purchased in 2008. Check your Confirmation Invoice booking number against your NC confirmation letter and make sure they are the same numbers. And mention the C&A Coupon...........you might get a rep that will allow it.

As the Bobbie found out, her TA did not use the NC she purchased last year when she booked a cruise earlier this year and now she is only allowed one benefit.

Did you follow this advice cruisenfever gave you yesterday? It was right on....

Thanks

So really it isn't a big discount. You should be able to combine it. Or At least be able to combine two like a next cruise and the discount or a WOW discount and this.

What about the party? And is there anything else besides the robe and shorter boarding line (always a short line anyways).

Although the balcony discount isn't huge, you can use it 5 times before becoming Diamond, when it doubles !! Every little bit helps. As far as the party is concerned, I think the Platinum/Diamond party is very nice. It is a pleasant way to socialize, have a drink (or 2), some appetizers, and hear the captain or other officer speak. It is a nice gesture to be recognized by Royal Caribbean for your loyalty. Congratulations !! :)

Archived