Bringing Booze on board

susanf31

There are tons of threads on this topic - both pro smuggling and against. Have a look using the search and I'm sure you'll find all the info you need.

Cheers

This.....

and let the Rum Runner sing-a-long begin!

There are tons of threads on this topic - both pro smuggling and against.

Actually I have not seen many threads against smuggling. You get the odd post here and there declaring that it is wrong, or too difficult, and suggesting alternatives.

We'd love to bring a bottle (or two) of vodka on board with us for a few in-cabin cocktails. How difficult is this to do? Sailing the Liberty in October.

Put the clear liquid in water bottles, put bottles in baggies and wrap in towel, put in luggage (checked) and enjoy later!

I have gotten quite good at transferring the vodka into a 6 pack of water still in the shrink wrap! I gently pull the water out, 2 bottles at a time, empty them, fill with vodka and ease them back in. We put them in our checked luggage with no problem. We have also wrapped a bottle in bubble wrap, put it in our checked luggage and had no problems either.

1 put whaterver liquid beverage you desire in a plastic container (walmart sell the pop up top containers in all different sizes and colors) I have a medium size luggage that we always put our booze/beer/mixers and collapsable coler put some bubble wrap , lock it up and send it with checked luggage!

When I get the luggage delivered to the room I take the collapsable cooler out put in under the sink in the bathroom give the room stewart 20 bucks and ask him to fill it with ice and keep it iced the whole trip. I put all my booze/drinks in the cooler and we are good to go!

We bring thermal cups with lids (one for each person, mix our drink of choice in the room and off we go to the pool or where ever) !!

Beleive me we spend plenty of buckets of beer and while we are out in the clubs at night , Carnival is NOT loosing any money on us, plus we just finished our 17th cruise with them so beleive me they aren't loosing money with us!!

so, enjoy!! hope this helps:)

here is the option I take now after years of smuggling my vodka on board. Call the the bon voyage department at 800-522-7648 a litre of Absolute is $40 and is sitting in your room waiting for you, it costs about $33 around here so it is costing me $7 and no smuggling no issues and it is waiting for me when I get onboard.

they do not offer booze on-line but if you call it is available, I think gray goose was $60, Capain Morgan's rum $38 and so on. A little more but no chance of getting caught and embarassed or it spilling on your clothes or any other accidents. I call a couple of months or so before I cruise and do not miss the $$ as much.

I believe you have to order at least 3 days prior to your cruise and the department is only open m-f 0830-1730.

PLAN AHEAD! BE PREPARED!! GET DRUNK!!!

Archived