Spirit news as of 12 Aug--Ahead of Schedule

WesW

Please see this link..most up to date news on Spirit Build I have

read..makes you absolutely drool as you read..and shipyard

is ahead of schedule..SS plans to take the Spirit 15 Dec..seatrials

start next month (Steve Tucker..Photos please)

http://www.cruise-community.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=category&id=910:topstories&layout=blog&Itemid=69

That will be nice. Hope the sea trials go well. Starting in Sep it should give them plenty of time to work out the bugs. Still haven't received the 2010 voyage atlas, but it should arrive before the end of the week. We're going to try to go to Casa da Comida in Lisbon the evening of 2 Jan. Anyone interested in joining us? We'll have Warren&Judy Waite and Gerry Neumann/ Diane Glass with us so far.

ColonelWes: Thank you kindly for the news and the link. Since the newbuild Spirit will be ready for sea trial in less than a month, it must be nearly completed. It is about time that the cruise line should publish real pictures of the innards of the ship and actual details, not just artists' renditions and generalities!

Meow..you're very welcome and concur 100%, have sent an email to the information desk Silversea cc'd Steve Tucker asking them to please post Spirit photos (either on news release or on SS's website).

2010 Voyage Atlas arrived today, but it still doesn't display the Silver Suite layout any better than the e-brochure. I can't figure out the walkin closet configuration. Sure hope we get some actual pictures before too much longer. Seems as if the lighter wood will prevail aboard Spirit. I'm sure it will be very nice, but I really like the darker wood in the larger suites as it is on Whisper/Shadow. If anyone can figure out that Silver Suite walkin closet config, please enlighten me.

This is purely a feline guess, we have no more information than you have:

From the artist's rendition of the silver suite, it seems that the walk-in closet is a longish bent shape. That closet door is right next to the bedroom door. The clothes hangers and drawers, etc. will be all the way along the outer wall of that longish bent shape, with the apparently empty space next to it stretching the entire length of the closet for you to walk from one end to the other.

As for the bathroom, it is a "conglomerate" which can be entered from both the bedroom and the suite entrance (close to the suite door). The shower is at the very corner of the suite. Next to it is the bathtub on one side and the double sink vanity on the other. Further on is the separate toilet chamber, which leads to the suite's entrance.

Both the make-up table and the writing desk are in the bedroom. The dining table in in the living room. At the middle pillar between the living room and the balcony is likely the entertainment centre, with (swivel) LCD television, CD player, etc.

I don't think that SS should be charging a "reservation fee" for the Seishin restaurant. I think it's fine that there is a charge for Le Champagne since it's a fine dining & fine wine experience.

I really like the sound of the Bento box for lunch and I could be quite happy eating that most days however I don't think I want to pay big bucks for it each day.

Do you all feel the same way? No charge for any restaurant apart from Le Champagne?

Cheers

ging466

• 2 weeks later...
2010 Voyage Atlas arrived today, but it still doesn't display the Silver Suite layout any better than the e-brochure..
We finally received our hard copy of the 2010 Atlas. Being only bottom Venetian members, we never automatically receive mailings of the Atlas, only the rare flier (a few pages) perhaps once a year. I wonder those of you who are sapphire/ruby/diamond members get all the borchures automatically. In any case, this time, we specially called Silversea to ask for a copy.

The pictures in the hard copy are clearer than on the e-brochure. And looking at the silver suite which you are interested in, I observed one more "discovery", that there seems to be a bidet in your washroom next to your toilet (see page 177). Though there is no mention in words (neither is there mention for the owner's and grand suites on page 176), this oval object looks exactly like the ones in the corresponding owner's and grand suites (which do have bidets on the Shadow/Whisper). So it appears that the bidet has been extended to silver suites on the newbuild Spirit. Any comments?

We appreciate your interest in our new Silver Spirit! We are getting ever so closer to the actual delivery, and I have read this post asking for some pictures. I am very pleased to announce that we will have a Silver Spirit blog for all of you to be able to follow the progress right up to delivery - including photos from the ship yard, and perhaps even some footage from the sea trials. So.....keep your eyes on the homepage of the Silversea Cruises website (http://www.silversea.com) as we are within days of the Silver Spirit blog going live!

Steve Tucker

Vice President, Field Sales - The Americas

Silversea Cruises

Dear Mr Tucker

Thank you kindly for reappearing. Back in 2000, Silversea used to have periodic announcements on the details of the Silver Shadow. Now, as you have said, it will be blogged, which should be even better for those of us interested in the design/technical details of the newbuild Spirit's construction. Wish you the best

meow!

The Silver Spirit Blog is now live. You can access it from the newly redesigned homepage of http://www.silversea.com, or you can access it directly at http://www.silverspiritblog.com.

Thank you for your interest in Silver Spirit,

Steve Tucker

Vice President Field Sales -The Americas

Silversea Cruises

Avid cruiser's picture of the beautiful Spirit today in Trieste:

http://avidcruiser.posterous.com/silver-spirit-in-trieste

Here is The Cruise Expert's first impressions of the Spirit:

ExpertCruiser#travel #cruise onboard Silver Spirit and I will tell you the art deco interior is going to be stunning. Dark woods, crystal lighting.

She is going to be Beautiful!!

Archived