New Traffic Alert I-45 Fri 8/28-Sun 8/30/09 to/from Galveston!

Host Kat

I saw this in the paper. I had spoken with Bill Babbington, he's an engineer working on the project and a friend of ours as well, about the project. He said that TxDot is taking all the freeways up over the feeder roads and that's why they have to tear down this overpass. So, that means there will be considerable construction going on for a while building the new freeway overpass over Calder Road. So, nothing new...like we've talked about before, the I-45 construction has been going on as long as we've lived here and that's 31 years and will probably go on forever! :eek:

... So, nothing new...like we've talked about before, the I-45 construction has been going on as long as we've lived here and that's 31 years and will probably go on forever! :eek:

Sooooo true! It has been about 64 years for me!

Just wanted to warn those not from 'round here on their way to/from a wonderful cruise that weekend. Hopefully, they will take the info into consideration for their trip down/up I-45 to/from Galveston and plan their time accordingly. Would hate for traffic delays to ruin their vacation!

Kat 070106YA43_prv.gif

Sooooo true! It has been about 64 years for me!

Just wanted to warn those not from 'round here on their way to a wonderful cruise. Hopefully' date=' they will take the info into consideration for their trip down/up I-45 to/from Galveston and plan their time accordingly. Would hate for traffic delays to ruin their vacation!

Kat 070106YA43_prv.gif

Naw, it just SEEMS like 64 years...I believe the Gulf Freeway was started in 1953 - it's only 56 years!!:eek::D:eek:

Naw, it just SEEMS like 64 years...I believe the Gulf Freeway was started in 1953 - it's only 56 years!!:eek::D:eek:

Oh well... I was in the 3rd grade in '53 and not "into" traffic back then!

Kat 110105_emYA11_prv.gif

Wasn't there some big construction mess on I45 back in March? I remeber trying to figure out if we were going to see the construction going down to Galveston!

Yes. As mentioned before... construction on the Gulf Freeway is always a part of our life around here.

See the "oldie but goody" thread at http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=931869 titled 3/4 through May 4, 2009 Alert for I-45 Between Galveston and Houston (MERGED THREADS).

Kat 070106YA44_prv.gif

Archived