What do they serve for lunch on Half Moon Cay?

Jeafl

We have a party of 9 going and one person is a vegetarian just to throw a wrench into the works! ;)

Is it just the usual burgers and hot dog kind of stuff?

A lot of the stuff they serve at the grill on the ship. Burgers, hot dogs, sausages (I think), salads, cookies, cakes.

Be sure to chunk some watermelon to the wild chickens. Lots of fun to watch them, but no hot dogs as they seem to ignore them.

Wild chickens? There are wild chickens on HMC? And I didn't see them? Would love to know where they hang out!;)

There are plenty of side dishes which could make a meal. All food is brought from the ship, mostly pre-cooked, but the meat is grilled on-site.

They were really light on the free drinks - warm tea and water out of large dispenser jugs and little ice to be found. I guess they really want you to buy your drinks :D. We brought a cooler with beer and soda so we did not have to survive solely on the provided beverages.

Forget feeding the chickens... feed the fish in the swimming area. They will eat out of your hand!

I have watched the "set up" on HMC and I have say the logistics are very interesting.

They have to bring it all with them from the ship.... all the ice, beer, alcohol etc etc etc .

We happen to get on the first tender in with "the stuff" and watched the set up process.

Very impressive.

Any drink that is included in your fare, will be included on the island...tea, water, lemonade, etc...

Just like on the ship, alcohol and sodas are extra.

I guess if you decided to bring a cooler and drinks onboard the ship with you, you could take it to the beach, too!

Archived