Prime rib and French toast?

chloes nana

Bonnie and all,

The Reuben is listed on the Room Service menu (they were on our Alaska cruise May 08 on the Oosterdam.)

I am not sure if it was listed on the Alaska cruise May 09 on the Westerdam. BUT I ordered it everyday anyway and got it everyday!!

Remember I am saying Room Service. I do not know if they have it anywhere else on the ship.

By the way the only difference between the Oosterdams' Reuben and the Westerdams' was the bread.

On the Oosterdam the bread was a dark rye (DELICIOUS!!!) and White Rye on Westerdam (STILL DELICIOUS!!!!)

Joanie

We were on the 21 day repositioning of the Westerdam this year -- right before your cruise -- the Reuben was not listed on the Room Service menu.

There are many things I KNOW you Aussies have that I would not know the name of eiter;)

Here is Wikipedias' description of a Reuben:

The Reuben sandwich is a grilled or toasted sandwich made with corned beef, sauerkraut, Swiss cheese, and Russian or Thousand Island dressing. Several variants exist

I will say that once you eat one, you will Always want more:D

Joanie

One more descriptive feature of the Reuben is that it is served warm. The sandwich is made and then warmed either in a panini maker or fry pan so the swiss cheese gets at least warm if not part melted and the bread is toasted in the pan.

The R and S class ships used to have pastrami at least once on each cruise.

Guess things are changing.

OMG!!! Hot Pastrami Sandwich??? Oh Lordy help me, my mouth is drooling over the thought of one!!!!

Only thing better than a Reuben on a HAL ship is the thought of a really really really good Hot Pastrami sandwich!!!!!

Krazy-Kruisers are you positive they have them in the Lido?? 'Cause if they do I is there for at least one lunch:rolleyes:

Joanie

On our Westerdam cruise it was in the Lido sandwich area a couple of times -- we did the 21 day cruise before yours -- it may have been there several times -- we didn't check every day.

It has been awhile since we sailed on the R and S class ships and sail is mentioning that pastrami isn't there anymore.

I'm an ignorant Aussie, whose never heard of Reuben sandwiches. What are they?

Could someone explain Prime rib? I'm sure we have it in Aus, but it may be called something else here. I'd hate to miss out having it because of not knowing what cut of meat it was.

Prime rib might resemble a porterhouse in OZ.

Prime rib might resemble a porterhouse in OZ.

Thank you all for the info. We do have porterhouse steak, but nowhere have I seen offered anything like a Reuben!

Thought I was going to Europe to try their local cuisine. Think I'll stay on board and discover more about the U.S.A

Thank you all for the info. We do have porterhouse steak, but nowhere have I seen offered anything like a Reuben!

Thought I was going to Europe to try their local cuisine. Think I'll stay on board and discover more about the U.S.A

Ruebens are not listed on the Room Service menu.

Once on a cruise they may be offered in the Lido as a sandwich special.

Prime rib without the bone is known as "scotch fillet" in Australia. A porterhouse steak is a t - bone without the bone...

Hope that helps...

:D:D:D

Archived