No Reservations Anytime for tables for Two

Sandytoes

In the Princess website, you can look up the table setup for the dining rooms on your ship and it shows clearly how many tables for 2 they have. For instance on the Diamond Princess where it has 4 Anytime Dining rooms (Pacific Moon and Sante Fe on Deck 6, Savoy and Vivaldi on Deck 5), there are a whopping 147 tables for 2 of which Savoy has 45 tables whereas Vivaldi has 32 tables. With that many tables for 2, I really don't anticipate too much of a problem of finding a table with no or minimal wait even if they don't accept reservations. If one dining room is full with lines, just try another one. The dinners served as far I know are identical in the Traditional and Anytime dining rooms except for the signature dish unique to each dining room.

any hints how I can find this seating chart? I just spent 15 minutes clicking around and couldn't find it. Probably right in front of my face but I can't find it.

TIA

Bill

any hints how I can find this seating chart? I just spent 15 minutes clicking around and couldn't find it. Probably right in front of my face but I can't find it.

TIA

Bill

These are on all deck plans of all the ships.

Table numbers and configurations change on every cruise.

I did check it out and it looked like it showed tables for 2 to me. I didn't see any table numbers though.

Bill

Being the Island has more tables for 2 than the Coral

I figured I upload a pic.

We sat in section 250-260

which is right above the wording Island Dining Room

In that area there were about 8 tables specifically for 2.

Against the wall there were 3 more tables for 2.

8500001000006354_DECKOVER.gif

Sandytoes: On our first cruise we had Anytime and would stand in line. Some nights we would decide to sit with others at the first available table, some nights we waited for a table for two. Can you do this on the CB?

O2B@Cagain ~

Yes you can.

The Maitre d' will ask you if you would like to share a table.

You can accept or decline.

Your choice.

After our first night on board IF we enjoy the wait staff we ask the head waiter if we may have the same table/wait staff,etc. each evening at a 7:30 (or whenever). To date we've not had a problem. We just enjoy the table for 2 since we are still able to enjoy the evening without sitting at a a table for 8 for 2-3 hours.

After our first night on board IF we enjoy the wait staff we ask the head waiter if we may have the same table/wait staff,etc. each evening at a 7:30 (or whenever). To date we've not had a problem. We just enjoy the table for 2 since we are still able to enjoy the evening without sitting at a a table for 8 for 2-3 hours.

We also had the same experience on previous cruises.

No longer the case.

Archived