1.5 Days in Bermuda - Plans? help?

HeyDay218

My husband and I will be traveling on a cruise to bermuda in September. We will only be there for a day and a half. I would really like to do the cave (the one you swim in) and I think its in St. georges but its only offered one day and its exactly 2 hours after we dock in Kings Wharf. Would we be able to make it on time? Is it worth doing? We are also thinking about renting a scooter ( I know a lot of people for and just as many against) for the day. Would we be able to rent the scooter and drive ourselves to the cave excursion? I dont want to be rushing on my vacation but its something that looks for intersting. Also, I really want to go to Alexandra Battery Beach. Any advice on time constraints/limits and directions? Also anything else worth doing in bermuda? The horse and carriage ride looks nice and relaxing as well and we will probably snorkel in the snorkel park too.

Thanks!!

I'm not sure I understand your question. when you say the cave swimming is only offered one day and is two hours after you dock, do you mean it is offered on cruise ship-sponsored excursion just at that time? If so, you shouldn't have to worry about being able to get there, because the tour will include your transportation. If you are going independently, that's a different story.

Here is the tread from 1/27/09 that discusses swimming in the caves at Grotto Bay Resort (Prospero's Cave), 11 Blue Hole Hill, Baileys Bay http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=915751 The resort is close to St. George, about a 10 minute ride. The excursion to the caves was offered by NCL & RCCL. For the RCCL tour, transportation to/from SG was not included in the price.

HeyDay218 wrote: ......I really want to go to Alexandra Battery Beach.....

If you are going to Alexandra Battery Beach for sea glass. There is a beach much closer to the Dockyard for sea glass. There are good instructions to get there posted by alphakitty at this link http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=164031&page=2

post #27, the last post.

Archived