Pride Review -- 8/7 Sailing

Dave85

- the water on the Pride is fine!!! I'm not sure whether they've cleaned the system in the last couple of weeks, but I can confidently state that the water on the Pride tasted better and fresher than DC tap water.

Well, considering how much lead is in DC's water I hope it's better :)

Thanks for the great review, we are fellow DC-ers who leave on Friday.

[-Vibration. I had also read in previous reviews about the severe vibrations in the back of the ship. The first couple of sea days there was a slight vibration in the rear of the ship that you could feel in the dining room. The next few days it was non-existent as the ship was moving slower. When we were hauling back to Baltimore averaging anywhere between 22-24 knots, however, the vibrations became quite pronounced and could be felt strongly even up on the aft of the lido deck. Hopefully this is something they will ultimately address (since it is unusual) but I can honestly tell you that unless you have a cabin way in the back it probably won't affect your cruise.

I was on the ship the week before you with a room in the back (cabin 8246). It was a rough ride and the vibration kept us awake some nights, mostly as you said, going from and to Baltimore when the ship was at full speed. They need to do something to address that.

Hi,

I was also on that cruise and can echo what was written, although we didn't notice the web problem at Grand Turk. Another thing that we liked about G.T. was that shopping and beach were literally steps from the boat, which meant that we didn't have to carry our beach stuff while shopping.

Guest Crazeecat5
Hi,

Band in the lounge was Breeze. They said that last week was their last cruise. My review is that they were OK.

I was in 8255. There was some vibration. It was not a rough ride last week.

Thanks for the info about the band. Just wondering who will be coming on next.

I've posted this question on John Heald's blog so hopefully, I will get an answer soon.

Thanks for the great review. Going on the Pride in January for 10th anniversary. At what point did you request seating for 2? Dinnertime or as soon as you boarded?

It was actually kinda funny... I forgot to request a table for 2 when we booked, so as soon as we got on the ship we raced right to the Maitre D'. (We were among the first 25 or so people on board so we were first to the Maitre D'). When we got there and made the request, he smiled and told us that not only did we already have a table for 2, but we had a great one right on the upper railing!

In short, wouldn't hurt to request it prior to sailing but I'd highly recommend making a b-line to the Maitre D' as soon as you get on the ship to give yourself the best chance of being accomodated if you haven't been already.

Dave,

Did you do traditional dining? If so, did you speak to anyone that did anytime dining? I've read some reviews that have mentioned that the service is slower for anytime dining.

Yes, we did traditional dining. The consensus on dining time is a very unsatisfying answer: it varies. We had very efficient service, roughly 1.5 hours each night. Others in traditional were there over 2 hours. The same seemed to be true for anytime -- it really depends on how quick the waitstaff is, and presumably with anytime, how busy they are. I didn't speak with enough people to be able to tell you definitively one way or another that it was either generally faster or slower than traditional... sorry.

Maybe someone else on here has something to add to this to help you...

We had anytime dining on the Pride last week and it worked out great. As advertised we went whenever we felt like, usually around 7:00. The length of time depended on the staff. One night it did take two hours for dinner. The next night we had a different waitress and we were done in about 75 minutes. From then on, we requested her and had great service for the rest of the cruise. Because of the time we were showing up there was never a problem sitting us in her section. If there was, we could have utilized the pager system and waited (if we wanted) for a tabe in her section. Most nights the two of us had a table for 4 to ourselves.

Archived