cruises from liverpool uk

asda

i wish cruise lines would bring a cruise ship to liverpool as its home port. we have southampton,dover and harwich all in the south but none start there journey her in the north, liverpool would be an excellent port as the waterfront is now nice and there lots of waste land to build cruise terminals and car parking does anyone agree,:confused:

i wish cruise lines would bring a cruise ship to liverpool as its home port. we have southampton,dover and harwich all in the south but none start there journey her in the north, liverpool would be an excellent port as the waterfront is now nice and there lots of waste land to build cruise terminals and car parking does anyone agree,:confused:

Personally, no - I live in Southampton :D, just jump in a taxi & go,

but Fred Olsen start from a variety of ports around the uk, including Liverpool

http://www.fredolsencruises.com/plan-cruise/by-port/english/liverpool

Would be great to see this happening but Liverpool probably works best as a port of call for cruises originating elsewhere. The pier head facility whilst adequate for passing ships can only provide water supply, fuel & provisions would present problems. This facility also works well due to it's location and development of a cruise terminal away from the city centre would loose this advantage.

We went to Liverpool yesterday to have a look at and take some pictures of Crown Princess, took a ride on the ferry and the view of the ship against the backdrop of Liverpool was truly impressive.

I reckon if and when Edinburgh gets its act together and builds its planned cruise terminal at Leith capable of handling the bigger ships then lines would do well to base a ship here during the summer months, particularly during the festival time offering cruises to Norway and the Baltic.

I can see many people from home and abroad combining say a week at the Edinburgh festival and a week's cruise.

P&O could certainly benefit from this say with Artemis or Oriana!

Hi,

I live in Liverpool and i think it would be a major oppurtunity for cruise lines to start in Liverpool, Im new to cruise critic so bear with me. Fred olsen start here but are not the kind of cruise line to pump money into the cruise dock. It i a shame as most people in my area do not travel with cruise lines such as P&O because southampton is a long way away and is really only accessable to the people who live in southampton

I have travelled to Southampton for a cruise last year on the Ventura and will be going down again in October for the Arcadia from Yorkshire, i have also travelled to Heathrow for flights all by road but if anyone was to move north i think Hull is perfect after all PandO are already based there with the north sea ferries and the road link is an easy one, motorway or dual carraige way right up to the docks.

Anyone agree?

I have travelled to Southampton for a cruise last year on the Ventura and will be going down again in October for the Arcadia from Yorkshire, i have also travelled to Heathrow for flights all by road but if anyone was to move north i think Hull is perfect after all PandO are already based there with the north sea ferries and the road link is an easy one, motorway or dual carraige way right up to the docks.

Anyone agree?

Agree totally, but you would never persuade the Southern softees to venture north of Watford.;):rolleyes::cool:

I reckon if and when Edinburgh gets its act together and builds its planned cruise terminal at Leith capable of handling the bigger ships then lines would do well to base a ship here during the summer months, particularly during the festival time offering cruises to Norway and the Baltic.

Totally agree with this! We have just spent a lovely weekend in Edinburgh and took in the fringe, festival and the tattoo and whilst having lunch on Britannia, noticed that Hagan Lloyd's Columbus was docked. Not sure if this was a port of call or the ship was there for other reasons, as there didnt seem to be a lot of activity going on.

Liverpool would be good for us too, although I don't mind the train ride down to Southampton the day before our cruises.

Jenni

Cruising from Liverpool would be good, but we always travel down from Bolton to Southampton by coach with Eavesway. Just sit back and read a book for a few hours and no worries about being late and missing the ship!

Archived