Thinking of upgrading to mini AE cat

SISSY III

My sister & I have always stayed in balcony staterooms..but we are seriously thinking of an upgrade to Cat AE Guar from Cat BC Riveria deck only cost $20.00 more pp.

I don't have my Princess booklet handy. Does any of my savvy "cruisers" know whereabouts these are? and if any are obstructed? Would you "go for it?" or just stay where we are? We are close to the "adults only" pool and just down 1 deck from the Horizion Court.

Mini-suites are great. I know what you mean by liking the aft balcony cabins. I had usually travelled in them and had one booked in December and got a call to upgrade to a mini so I took it. Now hard to go back to a balcony only.

I believe AE are on the Emerald deck towards the back and have the fully covered balcony. However, since you are booking an AE guarantee you may get an AD,AC, AB, AA - most of all are on the dolphin deck. I liked the dolphin deck but some don't because the balcony's are exposed to cabins above. What I liked about it is that there were no cabins below you and you are looking right off the balcony to the ocean.

You should give it a try!

Hi Sissy, if available I would highly reccomend the fully covered AD Minis on the Emerald deck, almost same location as you are now, your elevator goes straight into the Horizon court and aft pool area, we tend to book these because we love how the balcony is fully covered, I can sit out there in my disney PJ's and not have to worry about it :p the AD Minis, are generally the beginning of the Mini price range and so are generally cheapest, funny since they only have a handful, you'd think they'd cost more. Anyhow like the previous poster said, it would certainly depend on which ship your sailing on, but honestly for $40, I'd do it anyway! If location on the ship doesn't bother you, you'll LOVE all of the extra space, the sitting area, nice large balcony and the bathtub! Its a good size bathtub, very nice after a long day of excursions and when taking a shower, the curtain does not try to eat you! Have fun!!!

Last Jan. I had a BA booked on Caribe on the Island for a Panama cruise. My agent called and said I could be upgraded to an AE (or was it an AD?) gty and get a $20 refund. Well, I did it and got an AB on Caribe [next to the most aft]. Loved the larger shower, found no use for the 2nd TV, and not thrilled with the wake. The big disappointment was the noise and vibration at night when she was booking it to the next port. Of course this last business was perhaps room specific so don't let it deter you - you hear so many great things on this board about the rear cabins.

This coming Jan. I am booked in a BA amidships and will likely stay there unless they throw a full suite at me [are you listening Princess?]

Archived