Ruby Promenade Deck Chairs??

jowahe

Just got off the Ruby and have to say I was a bit disappointed with the Promenade deck... There were a few chairs, but no loungers and the chairs seemed lonely and like an afterthought to me. I didn't se many people sitting out there. I don't remember the teak decking as in the picture above.... It seemed more like a rubberized coating, not real wood at all. Same all over the ship.

As much as I love Princess, it made me long for HAL... Love their steamer chairs, their teak decks and their carved wooden benches. Promenade decks on Princess seem to lack a certain "something" and I don't feel the urge to while away the afternoons on that deck like I do on HAL.

No room for loungers, unlike the Island/Coral/Sapphire/Diamond!

Those 4 have the best Promanade deck. :D

Sapphire & Diamond are about 10' wider than all of the other grand class ships, so they have more room for loungers.

We love the promenade deck on Sapphire!!:)

Just got off the Ruby and have to say I was a bit disappointed with the Promenade deck... There were a few chairs, but no loungers and the chairs seemed lonely and like an afterthought to me. I didn't se many people sitting out there. I don't remember the teak decking as in the picture above.... It seemed more like a rubberized coating, not real wood at all. Same all over the ship.

As much as I love Princess, it made me long for HAL... Love their steamer chairs, their teak decks and their carved wooden benches. Promenade decks on Princess seem to lack a certain "something" and I don't feel the urge to while away the afternoons on that deck like I do on HAL.

The "teak" decking on the Grand-class ships is faux. The smaller ships have real teak decking.

No room for loungers, unlike the Island/Coral/Sapphire/Diamond!

Those 4 have the best Promanade deck. :D

Yes! I would agree!

Sapphire & Diamond are about 10' wider than all of the other grand class ships, so they have more room for loungers.

We love the promenade deck on Sapphire!!:)

Actually, their Promenade decks are 2.5 wider, which makes a big difference. The Sapphire/Diamond beams are 123 ft. wide and the rest of the Grand-class are 118 ft. wide. :)

Archived