Carnival price dropped LOWER than Early Saver!

CruisnMom007

THEY DID IT!!!! Yep we were given the lower price! Only took 2 days from submitting the claim form! Pretty darn good! They gave us OBC on the booking that was paid off and dropped the balance due on the other.

I AM A HAPPY SAILOR :D

Congrats!! So how much? I got $750 per cabin off right before final payment last year without ES....of course I used the big 3 word name online agency that does loads of business with Carnival. And a great online agent who spent 5 minutes looking for a group price for me.

I don't think you understand how the ES works. You're not alone there by any stretch of the imagination. People see the low fare and jump on it and ask questions later.

Good luck with your price drop.

Bill

Bill I got it! Fast too!

but - I went to cruisesonly.com and found a lower rate in my category 4f and carnival approved my $40 obc in less than 24 hours! Now I am checking the price every other hour! The sailing right before mine has a 4f listed at $70pp lower than the lower rate I just got...I sure hope my sailing goes that low! I love these ES bookings!

Happy vacations all!

Edeno in Sacramento

If you were in a 4F I can see why they didnt give you credit for the IS booking price, but good news you still got a price drop. Im in a 4A, so was hoping to match a IS rate .... if it ever drops. ... but dont know if they will or not.

What should I do? I booked our cruise with the early saver rate months ago. Carnival said that the early saver will be the lowest price no matter what, that it would never be higher than the other rates they offer. Well, today I go online and see that Carnival posted Residential rates for our cruise that are LOWER! Much Lower!

I happen to be a resident of the particular cruise too!

I submitted a price claim form for early saver bookings anyway, lets see what happens.

Making me question the early saver program now. :confused:

QUESTION: How do you know when the price drops after the ES rate has been removed from the webpage due to being less than 90 days out.

QUESTION: How do you know when the price drops after the ES rate has been removed from the webpage due to being less than 90 days out.

You look at all the rates that you are elgible for, and if any of them drop to less than you paid, you can put in for them. Doesnt have to be a ES rate.

You said way way lower, right? A couple of drinks? Just how much money are we talking about?

Well if you add it up from the very first drop in the ES Category that was alone $320 then the one this week that was after paid off and a totally different sale category was $40 in OBC I guess a total savings now of $360. Not bad!:D

You can still get the lowest rate on whatever discounts you're eligible for (resident, military, senior, past guest).

Need alittle help with this scenario-I don't completely get this ES Program, I guess. I am booked E.S. and my sailing is in early Sept.-a few weeks ago, I did the triple play, and for $60 more than what I paid, I was upgraded, and rec'd $100 in OBC. Yesterday I noticed that the fare for past guest is $20 pp less, than what I paid, for the cabin I am in-I called Carnival to see if I would qualify for the lower fare, and was told no, due the triple play promotion (of receiving the $100 OBC, and upgrade)-does this sound like correct information, or should I call again? (I don't want to submit the E.S.form, and jeopardize losing any of the OBC I already have) Thanks.

OK, why is it that every cruise I choose, goes up 2-4 hundred while everyone else says their cruises go down? Right now, the cruise I am on, the rate is 719. I paid 559 pp. I check it once a week sometimes more often. but why is it that most everyone says their cruise goes down? I have NEVER had a price drop on any cruise.

Need alittle help with this scenario-I don't completely get this ES Program, I guess. I am booked E.S. and my sailing is in early Sept.-a few weeks ago, I did the triple play, and for $60 more than what I paid, I was upgraded, and rec'd $100 in OBC. Yesterday I noticed that the fare for past guest is $20 pp less, than what I paid, for the cabin I am in-I called Carnival to see if I would qualify for the lower fare, and was told no, due the triple play promotion (of receiving the $100 OBC, and upgrade)-does this sound like correct information, or should I call again? (I don't want to submit the E.S.form, and jeopardize losing any of the OBC I already have) Thanks.

You have to subtract the OBC from the fare, to get the base fare to calculate if it would be worth it or not to get the price drop.

Several have been told they couldnt, or they were changed and lost their OBC, so now Carnival is telling them if they do change to another fare, then they lose their OBC and they are screaming.

If you got $100 OBC but would only save $20 by changing fares, Id keep the $100. Sounds like you are $80 ahead that way.

You have to subtract the OBC from the fare, to get the base fare to calculate if it would be worth it or not to get the price drop.

Several have been told they couldnt, or they were changed and lost their OBC, so now Carnival is telling them if they do change to another fare, then they lose their OBC and they are screaming.

If you got $100 OBC but would only save $20 by changing fares, Id keep the $100. Sounds like you are $80 ahead that way.

Thanks Firefly-now that explaination makes sense to me.....

I booked through a Carnival PVP, but he sent me a link to the online price drop form in my booking confirmation email. I submitted the online form last night. Is it necessary for me to contact him?

Shouldnt be necessary, but some do it just to keep their PVP in the loop and up to date. The dept that does the price drops is a different dept than the PVPs.

Archived