Scuba diving Greek Isles

luvnz

We will be on Eastern Med cruise and will be in Greek Isles from Oct 28-Nov 3. My husband would love to scuba dive if possible on one of the islands, but we are having a hard time getting information. I keep checking the Scuba Board but so far can't find anything. My question is....Do you know if late Oct is too late ? Is the scuba season over by then, or will we be able to find a dive shop still opened ?

Thank you.

We will be on Eastern Med cruise and will be in Greek Isles from Oct 28-Nov 3. My husband would love to scuba dive if possible on one of the islands, but we are having a hard time getting information. I keep checking the Scuba Board but so far can't find anything. My question is....Do you know if late Oct is too late ? Is the scuba season over by then, or will we be able to find a dive shop still opened ?

Thank you.

I suggest that you post your question on the relevant forum of whichever islands you are visiting (e.g., Santorini, Mykonos, Rhodes, etc.) of sister website tripadvisor. I am active on its Athens forum daily and there are many local contributors who provide a lot of information. Once you are past mid-October, you indeed are very late, but the local Destination Experts on tripadvisor will have good information.

My husband and I are also going on an eastern mediteranean cruise on the Solstice from Oct 30 - Nov 9. We are both certified divers and to are having a hard time getting a dive shop to respond to my requests, as we also would like to dive at least once at the Greek Isles. If you get any positive information would you please pass it on and if I do I will let you know also. My email address is: annuch68@frontiernet.net

Just came back from Solstice cruise and both dh and I are long-time divers......we did not however try to dive in Greek waters.

Seems the waters of Greece are HEAVILY regulated when it comes to diving. They are trying to protect antiquities from being plundered, hence strict regulations about where you can and where you can't dive.

I know quite a few years ago you had to have a permit. Don't think that is the case now. Perhaps they have loosened up so that if you dive with a "certified" dive shop/boat you are o.k. When doing a search for diving Greek islands - quite a few hits came up. Perhaps it is also difficult to arrange a dive when only short time in port versus a land visit. Read on one website about diving in Greece that your best bet is to do a dive boat vacation (live aboard).

Good luck with your quest.....let us know how it turns out and will wait for pics !!!!! :D

Archived